Has anyone who’s been accepted to the program receive any additional information? I haven’t heard anything since I sent in my deposit. Would love to be a part of a FB group if there is one! 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who closely follows this and/or other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extreme

Hoping interview invites start going out soon!! 🙂

PA-1 here! I’ll be one of your social hour hosts! We can’t wait to “meet” you guys and answer your questions! Some of us will also be your panelist the next day :)) Good luck on your interview! 

Posted Images

On 12/31/2020 at 9:06 PM, emm263 said:

Has anyone who’s been accepted to the program receive any additional information? I haven’t heard anything since I sent in my deposit. Would love to be a part of a FB group if there is one! 

No, I haven't been sent any additional information by the program itself (really hoping to see an academic calendar soon). However, I was matched up with a current student and she's been super helpful! She's also the one that got me into the Facebook group, so hopefully someone should be reaching out to you soon!

Edited by ChrisClemPA
Clarity
On 12/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, WittyUsername said:

I spoke with their admissions office - they have not yet decided if the next year is going to be in-person or virtual. They strongly prefer it to be in-person, but want to ensure that everyone is safe. They may allow more students to enroll if it is virtual only. It is now a waiting game for everyone enrolled on the waitlist

Hmmm. Part of the reason I chose this program was because I liked the class size, so I hope it's not *too* many more students. That also seems odd considering it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to take a semester-by-semester approach in deciding in-person or virtual. I think it's highly likely that our summer semester will be virtual, but a lot could change for the fall or spring semesters, so I'm not sure why they would make a decision for the entire year. It would be nice if some of this was communicated to those who have put down deposits... Oh well, hopefully we will hear soon! Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke with admissions concerning the waitlist status. There is no "hard deadline" in which waitlisted applicants receive a final determination - they ideally prefer to let individuals know as soon as possible, but students may be contacted as late as April. They did say that the longer you go without hearing anything the better as that means that you are still in consideration. In correction to something I posted previously, a virtual learning environment (as opposed to in-person) would not increase the number of students accepted to the program. It would however extend the amount of time that an applicant could hear back as they wouldnt need to move near campus asap. Hope this information is helpful. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 

To those who have not heard ANYTHING since their interview (mine was 10/17) I emailed them this past Friday and my application was subject of a technological glitch. Meaning I was never notified and my portal was not updated. They emailed me back with my decision updated on my portal (rejection sadly but it's OK). I encourage those who have not heard back to reach out and see what's up with their application. Good luck! 🙂

On 2/4/2021 at 12:09 AM, NatiM said:

I was accepted  off the waitlist this afternoon!! Dr. Wright gave me a call.

Congrats!!! Did they say anything about the beginning being in person or virtual?

Edited by WittyUsername