2020-2021 George Washington University

3 hours ago, mmm2020 said:

Nope, nothing yet. Do we think they are still accepting or are we just waiting for a waitlist/rejection email?

I emailed Allison a couple weeks ago and she said that the admissions committee was meeting last and this week to finalize decisions. It looks like couple people received acceptances last week, so I thought they would be making more calls this week but it looks like this forum has been silent since. I'm wondering if they still have acceptances to give out or if it's just waitlist/rejections remaining. Maybe we'll hear back next week? I also checked my GW portal and it still says "application under review." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ssk2626 said:

I emailed Allison a couple weeks ago and she said that the admissions committee was meeting last and this week to finalize decisions. It looks like couple people received acceptances last week, so I thought they would be making more calls this week but it looks like this forum has been silent since. I'm wondering if they still have acceptances to give out or if it's just waitlist/rejections remaining. Maybe we'll hear back next week? I also checked my GW portal and it still says "application under review." 

I haven't heard back yet either. There was a snow storm this week in the DC area so maybe that delayed things?

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I spoke with their admissions office - they have not yet decided if the next year is going to be in-person or virtual. They strongly prefer it to be in-person, but want to ensure that everyone is safe. They may allow more students to enroll if it is virtual only. It is now a waiting game for everyone enrolled on the waitlist

Interesting, thanks for the info! Were you able to find out whether the waitlist is ranked, how many people are on it? 
Which number did you call? Allison? I’m trying to call this week. 

34 minutes ago, ssk2626 said:

Interesting, thanks for the info! Were you able to find out whether the waitlist is ranked, how many people are on it? 
Which number did you call? Allison? I’m trying to call this week. 

I just called the general PA phone number on the campus and spoke with a gentleman (cannot recall his name). I do not think that the waitlist is ranked per their email - the admission's committee meets to decide who to make an offer to. Not sure how many people are on it either. Feel free to call and let me know if you can get any additional information!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:06 PM, emm263 said:

Has anyone who’s been accepted to the program receive any additional information? I haven’t heard anything since I sent in my deposit. Would love to be a part of a FB group if there is one! 

No, I haven't been sent any additional information by the program itself (really hoping to see an academic calendar soon). However, I was matched up with a current student and she's been super helpful! She's also the one that got me into the Facebook group, so hopefully someone should be reaching out to you soon!

Edited by ChrisClemPA
Clarity

On 12/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, WittyUsername said:

I spoke with their admissions office - they have not yet decided if the next year is going to be in-person or virtual. They strongly prefer it to be in-person, but want to ensure that everyone is safe. They may allow more students to enroll if it is virtual only. It is now a waiting game for everyone enrolled on the waitlist

Hmmm. Part of the reason I chose this program was because I liked the class size, so I hope it's not *too* many more students. That also seems odd considering it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to take a semester-by-semester approach in deciding in-person or virtual. I think it's highly likely that our summer semester will be virtual, but a lot could change for the fall or spring semesters, so I'm not sure why they would make a decision for the entire year. It would be nice if some of this was communicated to those who have put down deposits... Oh well, hopefully we will hear soon! Thanks for the info!