2020-2021 George Washington University

I got a call this morning from Dr. Wright congratulating me on my acceptance into the PA program!!! I'm feeling elated right now as GWU is my top choice, and so happy to be accepted into such an incredible program! I interviewed on 10/17. Wishing everyone the best of luck for those of you who have upcoming interviews!

Edited by prePAstudent23
  • Like 5

I was reading their website and it stated "Students who are not offered interviews have been denied from the program." Under FAQ - The Interview Process. So since tomorrow is the last day, I assume the rest of us who haven't heard back are denied. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get an email. Its fine one less rejection email haunting me.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Hello! Has anyone, accepted or not, seen an academic calendar for the 21-22 school year? I'm almost certainly going to attend GW's program, and it would really help with getting my affairs in order before moving in less than 6 months! I was also curious what our breaks are like around the holidays/in general throughout the year. Their "save the dates" dates online are still for the 2020 year, so we literally have no information.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChrisClemPA said:

Hello! Has anyone, accepted or not, seen an academic calendar for the 21-22 school year? I'm almost certainly going to attend GW's program, and it would really help with getting my affairs in order before moving in less than 6 months! I was also curious what our breaks are like around the holidays/in general throughout the year. Their "save the dates" dates online are still for the 2020 year, so we literally have no information.

I was looking for that too but could not find anything! I'm 99% sure I'll be joining y'all at GW next year and it'd be so helpful to know what the start date is and therefore what month I should look for a lease

• Like 1

12 hours ago, allyb said:

I was looking for that too but could not find anything! I'm 99% sure I'll be joining y'all at GW next year and it'd be so helpful to know what the start date is and therefore what month I should look for a lease

If you go to the newly admitted students webpage that they sent in one of the emails after you accept the admissions offer, it says orientation is May 27-29 and the first day of class is June 1. That's if you're just PA, PA/MPH is sooner. 

PA/MPH Students- We started the 18th of May, with an orientation beforehand. For my MPH year, our summer semester was online, and for us this meant we still had a few ongoing classes during our summer "break," due to the quarter system online vs. the semester system. Winter break should be roughly the 16th (depends on when your papers or final exams are due, for me, my last day is the 14th) to the 11th of January. (Keep in mind if you are taking PA courses, your PA course may end later and your spring semester PA course will start on the PA schedule. Ie, you will have only one PA class while still on your break for your MPH)

PA-1 students should expect a week long break between summer and fall semester. For PA-1s, this was August 17-August 23rd. The PA-1's winter break this year is December 21st- January 3rd, with finals being the 14th to the 18th. 

Due to the nature of DC, finding a lease is easy and can be done a few weeks before the start date. More advice will be given to you, don't worry 🙂

Hope this helps give an idea of timelines!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ericap said:

If you go to the newly admitted students webpage that they sent in one of the emails after you accept the admissions offer, it says orientation is May 27-29 and the first day of class is June 1. That's if you're just PA, PA/MPH is sooner. 

I'll be officially accepting my offer soon so that explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks so much!! ☺️

1 hour ago, ericap said:

That's not correct. Those dates are for 2020! I know it's a late May start, but it'd be great to know the exact dates, as I'm hoping to visit some friends/travel beforehand.

1 hour ago, katie262 said:

Has anyone from an earlier interview date received an acceptance call recently? It seems like they are calling some folks 2-3 weeks post interview but I'm wondering if they have called anyone on the 'active applicant' waitlist yet. 

They mentioned that 2-3 weeks after the interview date, they will notify their top applicants and then everyone else will be notified if they are accepted/rejected/waitlisted by mid-December! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, ikhalil said:

They mentioned that 2-3 weeks after the interview date, they will notify their top applicants and then everyone else will be notified if they are accepted/rejected/waitlisted by mid-December! 

I received my acceptance call sometime around the first or second week of December (I was a September interviewee). If you haven't gotten a notification yet, then the school will likely reach out soon.  

🙂

• Upvote 1