Just turned in CASPA, when to turn in supplemental essays?

I finally turned in the darn CASPA app today! I applied to 18-22 schools. I have to write 10 supplemental applications. How much time do you guys think I should dedicate to each and when should I have them finished by? Do you think if I get them all done before the end of June, that should be good? I wanted to apply as early as I could because my GPA isn't very strong, 3.1-3.2ish science GPA. If my supplementals are all in by end of June, does that increase my chances at all of getting in somewhere as opposed to someone with better grades than me, but who submitted his/her app later in the cycle? Thanks in advance!

I finally turned in the darn CASPA app today! I applied to 18-22 schools. I have to write 10 supplemental applications. How much time do you guys think I should dedicate to each and when should I have them finished by? Do you think if I get them all done before the end of June, that should be good? I wanted to apply as early as I could because my GPA isn't very strong, 3.1-3.2ish science GPA. If my supplementals are all in by end of June, does that increase my chances at all of getting in somewhere as opposed to someone with better grades than me, but who submitted his/her app later in the cycle? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Not sure how to answer your question. It is always good to apply early and not compete for a schools last few spots, but if it's your scores, GPA, etc that are concerning...those are some of the things schools take into account to offer you an interview. So, no matter how quickly the materials come in they have to believe you're interesting enough on paper to extend the interview (so though your app has been received, they can hold on to it and fill interview slots with the "great stat people").

Wow, 18-22 schools to submit supplementals to sounds daunting. I'd prioritize my time by my choice in schools...first choice first, and then down the line.

Best wishes

Hi,

Not sure how to answer your question. It is always good to apply early and not compete for a schools last few spots, but if it's your scores, GPA, etc that are concerning...those are some of the things schools take into account to offer you an interview. So, no matter how quickly the materials come in they have to believe you're interesting enough on paper to extend the interview (so though your app has been received, they can hold on to it and fill interview slots with the "great stat people").

Wow, 18-22 schools to submit supplementals to sounds daunting. I'd prioritize my time by my choice in schools...first choice first, and then down the line.

Best wishes

Archived