St. John's 2020-2021 Cycle

20 minutes ago, Christenb said:

Hey i interviewed last Friday and received an email from faculty member about a portfolio today. Does anyone knows what does that mean? And is this any good news? And people who got this portfolio email, were you accepted after? 
TIA

Hey I also received the portfolio after my interview. Since then I haven’t heard back as yet. I am not sure what it means, but I hope there’s some good news behind it. 

1 hour ago, NewPA2020 said:

Hey I also received the portfolio after my interview. Since then I haven’t heard back as yet. I am not sure what it means, but I hope there’s some good news behind it. 

Me too. Got that portfolio email but I haven’t heard back since my interview on 12/17!

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone. I'm part of the 1st cohort of Masters students of St. Johns University PA program. I'm currently in the final semester of the didactic year, so if anyone has questions or concerns about the program, feel free to ask. I can provide some honest feedback/critiques about the program.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, jaedaashley said:

Hello! Does anyone know what the classes are looking like for didactic year right now? Are they in person or online?

They are currently online but they will likely me fully in person beginning in the fall (pending any changes with state regulations of course). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camin98 said:

I was placed on the waitlist today. I didn’t get an email yet but there was an update in my portal!

Hi! Is the portal where you submitted your secondary application? Did it change where it says status? Thank you!!! I hope you hear back from the waitlist soon! 🙂

1 hour ago, Mikrose said:

Hi! Is the portal where you submitted your secondary application? Did it change where it says status? Thank you!!! I hope you hear back from the waitlist soon! 🙂

Hi! Yes the applicant portal where it shows your transcripts, supplemental qs and status. It said status update with a link to a pdf that said I was waitlisted. Good luck to you! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, eskeetit said:

Good afternoon everyone. I'm part of the 1st cohort of Masters students of St. Johns University PA program. I'm currently in the final semester of the didactic year, so if anyone has questions or concerns about the program, feel free to ask. I can provide some honest feedback/critiques about the program.

Hello! I am current applicant to the St. John’s program, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions regarding the program! 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Xlfjie said:

Hi current students! Just wanted a better idea of how much tuition along with all other expenses that you guys have to pay for here! Please provide some insight. Thanks 

Hi! I am a current student at St. John’s. I’m not entirely sure about specific tuition but the school estimates our entire financial need as $30,000 per semester and $61k for the year. We applied for the FAFSA grad plus loan and what happens is they give you the $30k per semester and they subtract the tuition from there, and then you get a reimbursement (first semester I got back $7555 and second semester $10700). This is for other things such as books/room and board etc. I rent an apartment near campus with a roommate so my reimbursement goes towards rent/electricity/Wi-Fi. We don’t pay for books, the class above us provided us with e-versions and I haven’t used them much anyway, just for A&P.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello! I just have a couple of questions. I know this is a 3 year program and you get a summer break after your first year. I’ve found differing information from the schools website and student survival guide as well as other pa websites. In terms of school length, is this program 30 or 33 months?

2 hours ago, Abcdefgjk said:

Hello! I just have a couple of questions. I know this is a 3 year program and you get a summer break after your first year. I’ve found differing information from the schools website and student survival guide as well as other pa websites. In terms of school length, is this program 30 or 33 months?

I’m in it now and it’s 33 months total, first summer off but not second!