2020-2021 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, adririos said:

Does anyone know what the alternate candidate status means? 

Alternate is similar to waitlist (this campus has alternate list). Basically if you’re on it you are in a pool of candidates. When they have an open spot they will look at your stats and any notes on your interview and decide who they want to accept rather than a regular waitlist where if you sre first on the waitlist you get accepted first snd so on 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tmweinstein said:

Hey all! Was hoping to get more insight on the type of interview Nova holds. I have my interview Jan 21 and wanted to see if someone who already interviewed could give some advice and intel on the interview topics! Than you🙂

The interview is very personalized and laid back. They just want to get to know you so emphasize your strengths and know your application. There weren't any tricky questions, at least this was my experience! Good luck.

Edited by awesomepa
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, prepastudent369 said:

By the Q&A do you mean the group interview panel that is mentioned? Just wanting to see if they are the same thing! Thanks 🙂 

In my interview (January 2018) we had both an individual (with two interviewers) and a group (with the program director and 3 other interviewees). Of course this may have changed since we have a new program director as well as the  interview converting to virtual but.. just my previous experience. 

16 minutes ago, futurepa1245 said:

Thank you! I wanted to ask were the interviews mmi based or just regular traditional interviews? 

Traditional. I personally didn’t get asked any weird questions either but that could depend on who is interviewing you. I had Dr. Anderson and Professor Kane. 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:19 AM, awesomepa said:

The interview is very personalized and laid back. They just want to get to know you so emphasize your strengths and know your application. There weren't any tricky questions, at least this was my experience! Good luck.

Hi! I wanted to ask if would be willing to share if the panel that is for everyone is a group interview or is it just an informational? Thanks in advance:) 

On 1/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, prepastudent369 said:

Hi! I wanted to ask if would be willing to share if the panel that is for everyone is a group interview or is it just an informational? Thanks in advance:) 

The group session in the morning is just a Q&A with you and some current students! No staff or faculty will be present. It's just an opportunity for to ask any questions you may have about the school/program.