Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those of you getting nervous (like me), from what an admissions counselor told me they've only scheduled 4 out of 10 interview conferences for 2020-2021 app cycle, so don't lose hope!

Hi everyone, I am a first year student at MEDEX and just wanted to offer myself as a resource to all of you aspiring PA-S people! I relied on this forum a lot during my application and interview

I was accepted off the waitlist for the Kona campus today. I’m still shaking, I can’t believe it! 

Posted Images

I received an interview invite earlier today for Tacoma. Congrats to all of you who received invites as well:)  Due to Covid, it is a Zoom interview. I assume they are all being conducted that way this year? I'm going to miss the opportunity to meet everyone in person and hang out the night before like last year. I hope we all get a chance to get to know each other during the interview process!

I like the Zoom platform, but I'm a little nervous of internet and technical issues on my end. 😀 I may skip wifi and old school plug it in lol.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9/25 for Seattle! 

Coordinated a time to meet virtually for interview prep - Sunday, September 6th at 2-4pm on Google Meets. Go here at the meeting time: meet.google.com/faj-uojs-wov . Open to everyone! I'll come up with a general outline, but welcome to any ideas for facilitation. Excited to meet everyone! 

Edited by ladychels
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Voxpa989 said:

Do we know if more invites are going to be sent out? I received an email saying I met their requirements on 7/8 and I haven’t heard anything since.

Same 😭 I hope this doesn’t mean that I'm getting rejected.

Edited by leilei
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted CASPA application 7/1

CASPA verified 7/6

Submitted supplemental application 7/2

Received the "Application Criteria Met" email 7/16

interview invite Spokane 8/22


To my understanding from information sessions they usually have multiple rounds of interviews for locations. So don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard something yet! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI:

CASPA submitted mid May

CASPA verified 5/18

Criteria met email 7/8

Invite to interview for Spokane 10/24/20: 8/21

They typically have two interview sessions. One in October and one in December. If you haven't received an invite to interview yet don't lose hope!

Edited by Jwahlquist
Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an "Application Criteria Not Met" email, stating that I don't meet the English Composition requirements. I took two strong Literature courses that both meet MEDEX's description of a "Competitive English Course", so I'm confused. I appealed, sent course descriptions, but I'm starting to get worried. 

Anyone else have this or a similar issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gavnj said:

I received an "Application Criteria Not Met" email, stating that I don't meet the English Composition requirements. I took two strong Literature courses that both meet MEDEX's description of a "Competitive English Course", so I'm confused. I appealed, sent course descriptions, but I'm starting to get worried. 

Anyone else have this or a similar issue? 

It looks like on the Medex page under English courses under academic prerequisites they do not consider literature a composition course and one of your English classes must include a composition course focused more on writing rather than reading. I am guessing this is why you received this email. Hopefully you can get it appealed anyway, I wish you luck! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, josiekai said:

It looks like on the Medex page under English courses under academic prerequisites they do not consider literature a composition course and one of your English classes must include a composition course focused more on writing rather than reading. I am guessing this is why you received this email. Hopefully you can get it appealed anyway, I wish you luck! 

Thanks! You're completely right, that's what they responded with. Sounds like with the Nov 1 extended deadline I might be able to get by with a non-science course in progress, so I'll sign up for a CC course this fall, and then fingers crossed! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, ladychels said:

9/25 for Seattle! 

Coordinated a time to meet virtually for interview prep - Sunday, September 6th at 2-4pm on Google Meets. Go here at the meeting time: meet.google.com/faj-uojs-wov . Open to everyone! I'll come up with a general outline, but welcome to any ideas for facilitation. Excited to meet everyone! 

Hi all! I just got some info on the interview format, at least for Seattle interview. I don't know if it's the same for other locations. This is from the assistant director of admissions:

"We will be sending out the conference agenda and associated documents a few days prior to the conference. There will be three rounds of interviews. Each round will have three candidates with two interviewers so we will be ‘moving’ you several times throughout various Zoom breakout rooms. There will be plenty of time between interviews for bio breaks, stretching, snacking, etc."

Hoping many of you can make it to the virtual meet on 9/6. It'll be really good to meet each other prior to the interview. We may very likely be in the same interview group in any of those rounds!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ladybugger said:

Is it too late to apply here?

 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:13 AM, ladychels said:

Hi all! I just got some info on the interview format, at least for Seattle interview. I don't know if it's the same for other locations. This is from the assistant director of admissions:

"We will be sending out the conference agenda and associated documents a few days prior to the conference. There will be three rounds of interviews. Each round will have three candidates with two interviewers so we will be ‘moving’ you several times throughout various Zoom breakout rooms. There will be plenty of time between interviews for bio breaks, stretching, snacking, etc."

Hoping many of you can make it to the virtual meet on 9/6. It'll be really good to meet each other prior to the interview. We may very likely be in the same interview group in any of those rounds!

woww that's awesome

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, ladychels said:

9/25 for Seattle! 

Coordinated a time to meet virtually for interview prep - Sunday, September 6th at 2-4pm on Google Meets. Go here at the meeting time: meet.google.com/faj-uojs-wov . Open to everyone! I'll come up with a general outline, but welcome to any ideas for facilitation. Excited to meet everyone! 

Sounds great, do we need a code to join the meeting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More