2020-2021 Application Cycle

First time applicant here! Does anyone have any advice regarding the supplemental application, especially those who may have been granted interviews at Northeastern in a previous cycle? I'm a bit thrown off by the extensive character limit. Did you guys stick to strictly answering the question or provide the same amount of detail as you did for your personal statements?

Good luck everyone, super excited to see what this cycle has in store for us!🙂

14 hours ago, Lnm1296 said:

I submitted my app 5/20 & verified 5/21 but I never received an email from the program saying they received my app. I also paid the separate 75.00 app fee. Am I missing something?

It took them nearly a month to say that they received my application and fee, so you'll get it eventually. I thought I was missing something, but it just takes awhile for them to verify everything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AllyyW said:

How long was everyones answer to their question in CASPA? I feel like mine is short compared to the character limit but I am afraid of dragging on in my answer.

I only wrote 350 words. I felt I got my point across well and also didn't want to drag it out. 

On 6/29/2020 at 1:16 AM, constantlyeating said:

Hello! I was looking through the app and was wondering if there was any part where we fill in our prerequisites? Am I missing something?

They don't have a specific prereq assignment area in CASPA as far as I can tell. All my other schools did but not NEU. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, caralavecch said:

Hey guys! Question for those that have already submitted the supp app-- is there a section on the supplemental where you specify which classes you'd like to attribute to for each prereq? Or will NE admissions do that on their own? 

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying 🙂 

There's no section for that, you haven't missed anything.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, AllyyW said:

How long was everyones answer to their question in CASPA? I feel like mine is short compared to the character limit but I am afraid of dragging on in my answer.

Mine was quite short, only about 1,200 characters out of the 5,000 allowed. I felt weird about this, but honestly I already expressed my personal story and mission in-depth in the main CASPA personal statement, so I didn't want to just repeat myself. Hopefully that will be ok and doesn't appear like I didn't put enough time in it. I feel like it's impossible not to continually second-guess myself with these apps. 

Btw, hello everybody, just applied and verified today 7/17 🙂  This is my 2nd year of PA apps but my first time applying to Northeastern.

I reviewed their website thoroughly but still feel a bit unsure about what my chances are there, but took the leap anyway. Wishing good luck to everyone. 

Can anyone clarify if you need to pay the $75 fee immediately in order to be considered? Or will you be asked to pay it later?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 9:02 PM, aap423 said:

I applied to JMU, Wake Forest, and Wingate as well. Second time applicant, and was waitlisted by Northwestern last year after interviewing in October. 

Can you tell us what the interview process is like, if you're able to share? (Particularly timing-wise!)

22 hours ago, aap423 said:

Yes, last year was in person. Basically two 2 minute interviews, plus a writing section. This year, I just recently received an acceptance, but the interview was via zoom, and it was 6 ten minute interviews in “breakout rooms” with various faculty, plus a virtual tour. My acceptance was not at any of the schools listed above. I received my interview last year in October, and this year i received my interview late June. Every school is different with their timing in interview invites and l layout especially with COVID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You already interviewed and were accepted this year? (Congrats) I thought they didn't have rolling admissions?

• 2 weeks later...