DeSales University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, naklimeck said:

Got an email today that I was waitlisted. A little bummed but also excited that I'm still in the running! Anyone have any insight as to how their waitlist process works? 

I believe she had said that people were put on the waitlist, but it is not in a ranked order. So they go back and review. But I am not positive, and I might be mixing that with somewhere else. 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:01 PM, khadijasaleem said:

Hi guys, 

I'm interviewing on 11/11. Can I get any advice? what kind of questions do they ask? What was the whole interview day like for those of you who interviewed?

Congrats on getting an interview! Each person gets a personalized agenda for their interview day. The interview was super relaxed, they just wanted to get to know you more. It's two 30-minute interviews. They asked more about my patient care hours, why I wanted to be a PA, where I saw myself in 10 years, etc. The conversation was super easy and not stressful at all. I never felt like I was being put on the spot. They also ask you for a writing sample responding to ethics questions. There are no right or wrong answers, they just want to see your thought process and analyze your writing communication skills. Other than that, there was a lot of information sessions and we also got to sit in on a class! It was a great day and made me choose DeSales over other schools when I got accepted.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, prepakateee said:

Congrats on getting an interview! Each person gets a personalized agenda for their interview day. The interview was super relaxed, they just wanted to get to know you more. It's two 30-minute interviews. They asked more about my patient care hours, why I wanted to be a PA, where I saw myself in 10 years, etc. The conversation was super easy and not stressful at all. I never felt like I was being put on the spot. They also ask you for a writing sample responding to ethics questions. There are no right or wrong answers, they just want to see your thought process and analyze your writing communication skills. Other than that, there was a lot of information sessions and we also got to sit in on a class! It was a great day and made me choose DeSales over other schools when I got accepted.

ohhh okay thank you!! I'm really excited and I hope it goes good. Did you prepare for the interview? 

On 10/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, prepakateee said:

Interviewing on 11/11, this was very helpful! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:20 PM, classicmermaid said:

Has anyone heard anything about interviews? 

I heard back from 11/11 interviews that I was offered a spot on the waitlist. Due to another acceptance and earlier program spot I decided to forgo the spot. I hope it opens up and allows someone admission to DeSales eventually! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just posting this because I know that I've used these forums a ton to build a timeline in my head! I applied in July and did not receive an interview. I just received a rejection email earlier this week (1/19). Not that I think stats are the "be all end all" but my cGPA was around a 3.6 and my sGPA was around a 3.4 and I had about 1500 hours of PCE. This is my first time applying and I wish everyone who was accepted the best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...