DeSales University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, collegestudent12 said:

Yea I’d definitely ask! They seemed very lenient with things. Most programs that do take AP credits have a certain score that they will accept (a 4 or 5 for example) and then you’re all good

Do you mind sharing the email address you sent your questions to? I am so sorry, I don't want to just email a random faculty member who may not be involved in admissions or the general gradadmissions@desales.edu one. Thanks so much

On 7/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, eluch15 said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats??

Yes I am very curious what your stats are, also are you a first time applicant or reapplicant? I submitted 5/13 and confirmed my application is complete and verified but have yet to hear anything else.

2 hours ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

Do you mind sharing the email address you sent your questions to? I am so sorry, I don't want to just email a random faculty member who may not be involved in admissions or the general gradadmissions@desales.edu one. Thanks so much

Here’s what I used: mspas@desales.edu
Got a response within a day, good luck!! They would probably want you to include some course descriptions or even links to the courses on a school website if you can find them. That will help them figure out if it’ll count for their requirements. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crindl14 said:

Yes I am very curious what your stats are, also are you a first time applicant or reapplicant? I submitted 5/13 and confirmed my application is complete and verified but have yet to hear anything else.

Hi! Yes I am a first time applicant, super nervous but very excited! 🙂 I posted my stats a couple posts back so hopefully it shows up there. Did you get an email from them stating that they received your application? I wouldn’t worry because it seems like things are going incredibly slow because of all the delays!

Just received interview invite today for August 4! 🙂

Received 7/17

Invite 7/20

My stats if anyone is curious:

cGPA: 3.71

sGPA: 3.67

GRE: 157v, 153q, 5w

PCE: 2000

Volunteer: 400

Super nervous! I heard that in the interview they test your knowledge of the PA Profession and anatomy... does anyone know more about this? I took anatomy like a year ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ahgase88 said:

Just received interview invite today for August 4! 🙂

Received 7/17

Invite 7/20

Super nervous! I heard that in the interview they test your knowledge of the PA Profession and anatomy... does anyone know more about this? I took anatomy like a year ago.

Woah lol you heard back in 3 days? That’s insane. Congratulations and good luck!

• Like 1

Just received interview invite today for August 4! [emoji846]
Received 7/17
Invite 7/20

Wow congrats!! Anyone else apply in early June and still haven’t anything after the application has been received email ? [emoji3525]
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, prepajjjj said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how many seats are available this year and how many are being filled by the 3+2 students? I’m interviewing tomorrow. Hoping for the best!! 

I hope it goes well! Are they online like through zoom?

5 hours ago, prepajjjj said:

Yes, it was through zoom! It was from 8am-1:30pm! Thankfully my internet didn’t cut out! I was super worried about technical difficulties occurring! 

Would you mind telling us a little about the interview format? Did you learn anything interesting about the program?

7 hours ago, aea828 said:

Would you mind telling us a little about the interview format? Did you learn anything interesting about the program?

Yeah no problem! 
8:00-9:00 is the program overview. You hear from the director about the program curriculum and he goes over some paperwork. 
9:00-11:00 is a rotation of 30 minute segments. 
For me it went like this - 

9:00-9:30 was a writing sample. (Don’t freak out it’s nothing crazy)
9:30-10:00 was a group activity where you had to demonstrate teamwork! Make sure you speak up in this one and demonstrate leadership skills too! 
10:00-10:30 was an interview with a didactic professor

10:30-11:00 was an interview with a clinical coordinator 

11:00-12:00 was listening to a class over zoom 

12:00-1:00 was the virtual lunch with current PA students 

1:00-1:30 was a virtual tour from the director and a final Q/A! 

Overall it was SUPER organized and went very smoothly!! The interview portion was pretty laid back and my interviewers seemed like they really just wanted to get to know me! There was no quizzing on anatomy or the history of PAs like someone said above ^ - However, I can’t speak for every interviewer! 

This was a great experience, but one thing I would recommend is that you sit in a comfortable chair. It’s a long time to sit and stare at your computer!! 

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions! :)) 

Edited by prepajjjj
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, prepajjjj said:

Yeah no problem! 
8:00-9:00 is the program overview. You hear from the director about the program curriculum and he goes over some paperwork. 
9:00-11:00 is a rotation of 30 minute segments. 
For me it went like this - 

9:00-9:30 was a writing sample. (Don’t freak out it’s nothing crazy)
9:30-10:00 was a group activity where you had to demonstrate teamwork! Make sure you speak up in this one and demonstrate leadership skills too! 
10:00-10:30 was an interview with a didactic professor

10:30-11:00 was an interview with a clinical coordinator 

11:00-12:00 was listening to a class over zoom 

12:00-1:00 was the virtual lunch with current PA students 

1:00-1:30 was a virtual tour from the director and a final Q/A! 

Overall it was SUPER organized and went very smoothly!! The interview portion was pretty laid back and my interviewers seemed like they really just wanted to get to know me! There was no quizzing on anatomy or the history of PAs like someone said above ^ - However, I can’t speak for every interviewer! 

This was a great experience, but one thing I would recommend is that you sit in a comfortable chair. It’s a long time to sit and stare at your computer!! 

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions! :)) 

So helpful! Hope you get in 🙂

• Like 1