DeSales University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mimithebest said:

same here

It makes sense. The same faculty that sit on the admissions committees often play a role in finding clinical sites for their current students too. 

Since most schools are scrambling to find ways to make sure their students meet their clinical hours due to COVID reducing clinical sites... I think some delays are to be expected. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewsOkay said:

It makes sense. The same faculty that sit on the admissions committees often play a role in finding clinical sites for their current students too. 

Since most schools are scrambling to find ways to make sure their students meet their clinical hours due to COVID reducing clinical sites... I think some delays are to be expected. 

That's a great point! Yes, the delays are definitely expected right now.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, collegestudent12 said:

What did you guys use as your psychology pre-req? On their website it says just psychology but in CASPA it says general psychology. Does that mean we should only use a general introductory psych course?

Did you place out of gen psych with AP credit? I think most schools would accept a more advanced course in lieu of an introductory psych course - such as one where gen psych is a pre-req. Plus, as you mentioned, they only list it as "psychology" on their admissions site. If you're unsure, it never hurts to send them a quick email.

My school doesn't call it "general psychology" but instead "introduction to psychology". I am just confused because their website says just psych but CASPA says general psych. I  have my intro class but also higher level psych classes. I tried emailing/calling but never heard back. I think I'll do the intro to psych and submit already instead of waiting. Thank you so much for your help!

Hi everyone! I wanted to post my timeline, hopefully we will hear back soon. 

Submitted 5/26

Verified 5/26

Received by DeSales 5/28 (email states "This email serves as confirmation that we have received your verified application from CASPA and it is currently under review. You can assume your application will be under review until you hear from us via email, at the very latest in the beginning of February 2021.")

Hey y'all!

I will be starting at DeSales in August of this year. I remember how I felt this time last year, and would love to be of any assistance possible. I certainly am not an expert by any means, but please ask whatever questions you have, or PM me if you have more generalized questions about applications or other schools and I can try my best to give advice or guidance based off of my own experience! I simply want to be as much of a resource as possible!

Last year, interview invites started going out around the second week of June. I will say that we did just have an update from the school in the middle of this last week about how they are handling COVID-19 and the faculty are all very very busy dealing with the situations for both of their current classes, as well as preparing for our class to come into a very different curriculum that they have had to adapt to for the time being as a result of the pandemic. I cannot speak for the admissions department, but I would assume this could potentially delay their processing time. Personally, I submitted my application on 7/17, was verified on 7/18 and then was also acknowledged of my submission by DeSales later that same week. I received an invite I think maybe the second week of September and interviewed first week of October. I received an acceptance about 2 1/2 weeks after that!

I undoubtedly loved the school prior to my interview, but I was absolutely blown away when I went to visit. The interview itself was so so relaxed and eased my nerves so significantly whether it be from my interactions with the faculty to the current students or even to the admissions director, Julie, everything was so delightful. All schools preach that their students and faculty are one big happy family, but I truly never saw it to the extent I did at DeSales. If/when y'all get interviews, I would be happy to share a little bit more on the set-up if y'all would like 🙂 

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, collegestudent12 said:

I’m not sure, but I was also iffy about whether they’d accept my english classes so I sent them an email and heard back fast. Mine were taken at a college however. I’d email and see, or even call! 

Thank you for replying, I will definitely email them. I have taken one English course at the college level (it was a Writing for the Health Professions class required for my major), but since I passed both my junior and senior year AP English exams in high school, I had no need to take any other English comp courses

Edited by alwayssearching2012

12 minutes ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

Thank you for replying, I will definitely email them. I have taken one English course at the college level (it was a Writing for the Health Professions class required for my major), but since I passed both my junior and senior year AP English exams in high school, I had no need to take any other English comp courses

Yea I’d definitely ask! They seemed very lenient with things. Most programs that do take AP credits have a certain score that they will accept (a 4 or 5 for example) and then you’re all good