• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just received an acceptance email after being placed on the waitlist following my interview on 11/12!! I’m in total shock.. I’m a first generation student that survived high school by sleeping on th

Just got a waitlist email! Very content with this result. Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews!

They told me their last interview date is on 01/14/2021.

Posted Images

Guest wildalaska
42 minutes ago, KLRPrePA said:

Is there anyone else that has not heard anything back yet?

I haven’t heard a thing either and I applied mid-May, at this point I’m expecting a rejection, but I’ve already been accepted elsewhere so my feelings are neutral haha!

7 minutes ago, ChrisClemPA said:

Me! But I also was doubting myself and only submitted my supplemental 3 days before the deadline...

I also submitted my supplemental pretty late into the cycle. I submitted it the day before the deadline! I was told by Wendy that this does not matter because if they want to interview you, they will 😊 we just may not hear back until the last round. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BeachBum7 said:

I also submitted my supplemental pretty late into the cycle. I submitted it the day before the deadline! I was told by Wendy that this does not matter because if they want to interview you, they will 😊 we just may not hear back until the last round. 

That's great to hear! They had something on the portal about how you will be considered no matter when you submit, so I didn't realize for a long time that they do rolling admissions. I had my supplemental done a while beforehand, but kept wanting to make it "just right" and then ended up only changing a couple sentences before submitting haha Luckily, I've been admitted elsewhere, but it would be AMAZING obviously to get an interview at Duke!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, untildawn said:

Me! Me! Me!

I feel the same way. I was not super confident in my interview outcome anyway but not necessarily stressed about it. It's like I've gradually become way more excited about Duke in the week since the interview, so now I'm kinda sad I don't think I stand a chance and just wish we'd have the results ASAP. That way I can mourn and move on lol.

1 hour ago, sawood said:

I had my interview last Thursday, but I’ve started to overthink my responses to the questions so now I’m becoming more anxious while waiting to hear about a final decision... anyone else?!?

Ughh...same! I interviewed last Wednesday and it seems every night right as I'm trying to sleep, I think of something new that sounds stupid to me in hindsight!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, lg215 said:

Ughh...same! I interviewed last Wednesday and it seems every night right as I'm trying to sleep, I think of something new that sounds stupid to me in hindsight!

Be positive!! I thought the same thing when I interviewed but I ended up getting accepted. We are our own worst critics! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sawood said:

I had my interview last Thursday, but I’ve started to overthink my responses to the questions so now I’m becoming more anxious while waiting to hear about a final decision... anyone else?!?

I interview last Wednesday and constantly checking my email! Seems like last bunch found out within a week. Fingers crossed!