2020-2021 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...

I interviewed last Wednesday and just received a spot on the wait list. Iā€™m honored to have even gotten an opportunity to interview with Duke, but I am pretty bummed, I want to go here so badly! Does anyone know how many seats are left in the class or how many people are on their waitlist? We were told they will publish rankings soon, Iā€™m holding onto some hope that there is still space!Ā 
congratulations to those that are accepted this week, it was great to meet you during the interview process!Ā 

33 minutes ago, Rabs8 said:

Got an acceptance email today around 5pm, interviewed last Tuesday! Omg still crying I'm so excited.

Congrats!Ā Just got a waitlist email from last weeks interview. As disappointed as I am, Iā€™mĀ thrilled at the idea of others getting their acceptance emails- congratulations again!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AEmborg said:

I interviewed last Wednesday and just received a spot on the wait list. Iā€™m honored to have even gotten an opportunity to interview with Duke, but I am pretty bummed, I want to go here so badly! Does anyone know how many seats are left in the class or how many people are on their waitlist? We were told they will publish rankings soon, Iā€™m holding onto some hope that there is still space!Ā 
congratulations to those that are accepted this week, it was great to meet you during the interview process!Ā 

I interviewed back in the fall on the first interview week and just got accepted off the waitlist last week,Ā however will be declining. So don't lose hope, it definitely can happen! :)Ā 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AEmborg said:

I asked the coordinators after myĀ interview last week how many spots were available and they said they thought at least 20. Fingers crossed you have a low ranking :).Ā 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

I would kill to be accepted off the waitlist here, but each day it's feeling less and less likely... Good luck to everyone.Ā ā¤ļø

Feeling the exact same way. šŸ˜° Trying to remain hopeful but it's tough to not start to feel discouraged. Just want to hear something soon in terms of rankings. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist also, this is painful but we'll get through it!! šŸ˜“

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, parod2021 said:

Does anyone know if there is or will be a Facebook/Groupme assigned to the students that have been accepted?

Ā 

There is a Facebook group and GroupMe! Once you pay the deposit and receive confirmation, youā€™ll receive the link to the Facebook group (there is also an introduction thread amongst accepted students where you can share your phone number and be added to the GroupMe).

24 minutes ago, sawood said:

There is a Facebook group and GroupMe! Once you pay the deposit and receive confirmation, youā€™ll receive the link to the Facebook group (there is also an introduction thread amongst accepted students where you can share your phone number and be added to the GroupMe).

Thank you so much! Ā I'll be sure too check these out!Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

For future applicants or anyone who is curious:

I received the wait list ranking email on February 11th, 2021 for this cycle. Not sure how many students are on the wait list, but I was #50, so there are at least that many. I'll definitely be attending a different program at this point, but best wishes to anyone higher on the wait list!

Has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything? I got the rankings Feb 11th as well, then emailed asking how deep into the waitlist they go on a typical year. Their response was that one year they took everyone, and another year nobody. I also asked if they give us any updates, and they said that notifications are sent when significant movement happens. Just thought I'd pass along the info and see if anyone has heard anything!

18 hours ago, brachialsaurus said:

Has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything? I got the rankings Feb 11th as well, then emailed asking how deep into the waitlist they go on a typical year. Their response was that one year they took everyone, and another year nobody. I also asked if they give us any updates, and they said that notifications are sent when significant movement happens. Just thought I'd pass along the info and see if anyone has heard anything!

I got an email with the rankings on Feb 11th as well and I was in the top 15 (I feel weird saying what number they gave me for whatever reason), but I have not heard anything since. Just putting that out there for anyone that is below me and is still waiting.Ā 

• 4 months later...