I just got an acceptance email. I am in complete shock but so incredibly grateful! I am far from the "perfect" candidate, it just goes to show Duke really does care about more than your GPA or GRE. Rooting for everyone interviewing in January and can't wait to meet the rest of the 2023 class!  

Edited by koflerk
  • Like 3
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just received an acceptance email after being placed on the waitlist following my interview on 11/12!! I’m in total shock.. I’m a first generation student that survived high school by sleeping on th

Just got a waitlist email! Very content with this result. Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews!

They told me their last interview date is on 01/14/2021.

Posted Images

On 12/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, Rabs8 said:

Just got an interview invite today as well! I do think it's for an actual spot in the class. I interviewed last year, and was waitlisted (obviously never got off haha, hoping for a better round this year!), but that's how all the sessions were last year - for actual spots (and of course you could get waitlisted or rejected as well). I'm also going by the fact there were 4 sessions last year, and this January one would be the 4th (and I'm assuming final) session.

My date is Jan 12th, and I selected the morning slot. I look forward to meeting y'all virtually, and best of luck to everyone!

Hi! I was wondering if you had some insight of how the waitlist is for duke since you were waitlisted last year? I am currently waitlisted(since the first round of interviews and I am really interested in attending this school)! P.S. Goodluck on your interview!! 🙂 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Cat12 said:

Hi! I was wondering if you had some insight of how the waitlist is for duke since you were waitlisted last year? I am currently waitlisted(since the first round of interviews and I am really interested in attending this school)! P.S. Goodluck on your interview!! 🙂 

Hi! So last year there were 4 interview sessions like this year, and in total, they build a waitlist of ~150 (don't quote me on that, but I know it's a big waitlist / that sticks in my head). They will pull people off the waitlist in between interview sessions. I was in interview group 2 last year, waitlisted a week after, and then found out my official rank in Feb. I do not think it will be Feb this year given interviews ended in Nov / Dec last year. I was #49 and never got off (and didn't expect it, I laughed / cried that day). They kept me on the waitlist until August 12th and then I got my official rejection.

Hope that helps!

17 hours ago, SK203 said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling their interview time slot?

Yep! Did the link on Tuesday when I got the email (like immediately lol) and got the conformation yesterday around 4:30pm.

Edited by Rabs8
10 hours ago, Rabs8 said:

Hi! So last year there were 4 interview sessions like this year, and in total, they build a waitlist of ~150 (don't quote me on that, but I know it's a big waitlist / that sticks in my head). They will pull people off the waitlist in between interview sessions. I was in interview group 2 last year, waitlisted a week after, and then found out my official rank in Feb. I do not think it will be Feb this year given interviews ended in Nov / Dec last year. I was #49 and never got off (and didn't expect it, I laughed / cried that day). They kept me on the waitlist until August 12th and then I got my official rejection.

Hope that helps!

Yep! Did the link on Tuesday when I got the email (like immediately lol) and got the conformation yesterday around 4:30pm.

Oh wow I did not know the waitlist was so long. I defiantly lost some hope reading this but I am really appreciative of you responding! I wish you the best of luck on the interview!! 🙂

10 minutes ago, Cat12 said:

Oh wow I did not know the waitlist was so long. I defiantly lost some hope reading this but I am really appreciative of you responding! I wish you the best of luck on the interview!! 🙂

I’m not certain of this by any means, but I don’t think the waitlist is 150 applicants long! According to their website, they interview 250 applicants. I cannot remember if it was in the information they sent out, an information session, or exactly where, but from my understanding they accept, waitlist, and decline an equal number of applicants from each interview, meaning around a third of those interviewed would be waitlisted, ~83 across all interviews.

I think this makes sense because if 150 people were on the waitlist with a class of 90 matriculating that would mean basically everyone who interviews is accepted or waitlisted (which is possible but was not my understanding).

Again, I could be wrong! Either way, stay hopeful and I wish you the best of luck! 🙂 

Edited by Gowmar
On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Cat12 said:

Hi. Cat12! I was originally waitlisted after the second round of interviews! I received an acceptance offer last week (I believe my offer was sent out at the same time decisions from the third round of interview were sent out) so don’t lose hope!! From firsthand experience, they are pulling individuals off of the waitlist along the way. Stay positive😊

Edited by sawood
  • Like 1
On 12/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, Gowmar said:

I’m not certain of this by any means, but I don’t think the waitlist is 150 applicants long! According to their website, they interview 250 applicants. I cannot remember if it was in the information they sent out, an information session, or exactly where, but from my understanding they accept, waitlist, and decline an equal number of applicants from each interview, meaning around a third of those interviewed would be waitlisted, ~83 across all interviews.

I think this makes sense because if 150 people were on the waitlist with a class of 90 matriculating that would mean basically everyone who interviews is accepted or waitlisted (which is possible but was not my understanding).

Again, I could be wrong! Either way, stay hopeful and I wish you the best of luck! 🙂 

That does make sense!! I hope you are right haha! I am really grateful that you took the time to respond after my post!! I hope you have a great holiday season!! 🙂 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, sawood said:

Hi. Cat12! I was originally waitlisted after the second round of interviews! I received an acceptance offer last week (I believe it my offer was sent out at the same time decisions from the third round of interview were sent out) so don’t lose hope!! From firsthand experience, they are pulling individuals off of the waitlist along the way. Stay positive😊

Thank you @sawood for telling me your firsthand experience that definitely gave me a little bit more hope back haha! I really appreciate that you took the time to respond to my post!! I hope you have a great holiday season!! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I interviewed last Wednesday and just received a spot on the wait list. I’m honored to have even gotten an opportunity to interview with Duke, but I am pretty bummed, I want to go here so badly! Does anyone know how many seats are left in the class or how many people are on their waitlist? We were told they will publish rankings soon, I’m holding onto some hope that there is still space! 
congratulations to those that are accepted this week, it was great to meet you during the interview process! 

33 minutes ago, Rabs8 said:

Got an acceptance email today around 5pm, interviewed last Tuesday! Omg still crying I'm so excited.

Congrats! Just got a waitlist email from last weeks interview. As disappointed as I am, I’m thrilled at the idea of others getting their acceptance emails- congratulations again!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AEmborg said:

I interviewed last Wednesday and just received a spot on the wait list. I’m honored to have even gotten an opportunity to interview with Duke, but I am pretty bummed, I want to go here so badly! Does anyone know how many seats are left in the class or how many people are on their waitlist? We were told they will publish rankings soon, I’m holding onto some hope that there is still space! 
congratulations to those that are accepted this week, it was great to meet you during the interview process! 

I interviewed back in the fall on the first interview week and just got accepted off the waitlist last week, however will be declining. So don't lose hope, it definitely can happen! :) 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, AEmborg said:

I asked the coordinators after my interview last week how many spots were available and they said they thought at least 20. Fingers crossed you have a low ranking :). 

• Like 2

Wow! Waitlisted earlier in the week, turned into an acceptance today! I put my deposit down already I’m so excited to join you all and call this journey officially over!!!

• Like 1