2020-2021 Application Cycle

20 hours ago, erukes said:

Does anybody who has already interviewed have any tips? The invite said that interviews would be "conversational," so I'm assuming it's a more traditional format (rather than MMI or scenario-based). Thanks in advance!

"Conversational" would be a very apt description. I was surprised how little "traditional" interview questions were asked. Instead, there were questions on different details of my application and my learning style. Everything had a very casual "get to know you" feel. Of course, that might have only been the folks I interviewed with - candidates were paired off with different interviewers. Regardless, I think practicing speaking comfortably to details of your application may be wise. Projecting enthusiasm and...at least feigning...confidence always helps!

Best of luck at your interview!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pseudonym said:

"Conversational" would be a very apt description. I was surprised how little "traditional" interview questions were asked. Instead, there were questions on different details of my application and my learning style. Everything had a very casual "get to know you" feel. Of course, that might have only been the folks I interviewed with - candidates were paired off with different interviewers. Regardless, I think practicing speaking comfortably to details of your application may be wise. Projecting enthusiasm and...at least feigning...confidence always helps!

Best of luck at your interview!

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Veera said:

Hi! I’ve scrolled through this entire forum and can’t seem to find an answer to this question. Are the interviews in person or through Zoom? And how are the interviews structured? Thank you!!

The interviews are via zoom. The structure is a conversational interview with you and two faculty and as well a demonstration of the PBL structure. 

Hey everyone. I went through the whole forum and it seems like they are giving interviews out of order. Some people were sent interviews and then accepted days later when they applied really late, and some people applied in May and haven't even received interviews yet.😅 Kind of frustrating, as there are only a limited amount of seats.

I applied 06/20 and was verified 07/13. 

They are still giving interviews out through December?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ryangrant4242 said:

Hey everyone. I went through the whole forum and it seems like they are giving interviews out of order. Some people were sent interviews and then accepted days later when they applied really late, and some people applied in May and haven't even received interviews yet.😅 Kind of frustrating, as there are only a limited amount of seats.

I applied 06/20 and was verified 07/13. 

They are still giving interviews out through December?

Right there with you! Let’s stay hopeful 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alnski said:

Does anyone know how many more rounds of interviews they are holding?

So I had an interview on 11/11 and there were interviews today (11/17) There were 12 candidates in my interview. If they interview 150-200 people and do about 12 at a time that would mean they do 12-16 rounds of interviews. In my interview they specifically said they only accept a few people from each interview. Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corcoranbi said:

Has anyone from the 10/19 interview or after heard anything? It has been a very anxious month of waiting!!

I only know of one person who was called and accepted from my 10/13 interview. It seems they do calls towards the end of the month. So they may be doing calls next week or the following. We could be waiting until January to hear back but fingers crossed we get the call this month! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1