2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just now, FuturePA1223 said:

hey guys! I attended Northwestern's Virtual PA information session today. The host of the meeting confirmed that interview invites have not been sent out yet and they plan to start sending them out late/end of summer! Good luck everyone!

I'm glad we have some sort of confirmation! Was there anything else interesting said in the info session?

On 7/9/2020 at 10:09 PM, FuturePA1223 said:

Not really! Just an informative session basically going over everything on their website 🙂  

I talked to another school that said people who applied early there ran the risk of being judged more harshly than applicants who applied in July/August. I wonder if that also applies it NU...

I talked to another school that said people who applied early there ran the risk of being judged more harshly than applicants who applied in July/August. I wonder if that also applies it NU...

Which school was that?! I’ve never heard that before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ap597 said:

Which school was that?! I’ve never heard that before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, ekc5755 said:

USC

I know what you're talking about because I've been to their info session before. It's not that they judge you more harshly. They said sometimes the applicant pool that submits early on in the cycle may be more competitive compared to those who submit later, and they're making decisions based off the specific applicant pool. Just because you apply earlier doesn't mean it hurts you and applying later doesn't mean you get more leeway. I hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

Oh it totally makes sense. I was not trying to imply that anyone would be punished for applying early, but an admissions officer I talked to used the phrase “judged more harshly” verbatim. They weren’t able to be more explicit with me regarding whether those candidates who might have been more competitive later in the year (depending on the applicant pool, of course), ever get circled back to. 

For those just seeing this thread, I should probably reiterate that we are NOT talking about Northwestern. 

I wonder when interviews will start. I hope they contact applicants sometime in early to mid August with an update. This school is one of my top choices. I have a pretty significant upward trend and over 1000 hours of PCE, but at the end of the day there is no guarantee your stats will get you in I guess. 

8 hours ago, ETfuturePA94 said:

How long was everyone's responses to Northwestern's supplemental questions?

Looks like mine were a little long! They specified word count and not character count so I went by that. Mine were around 400 words each which works out to around 2000-2500 characters each. 

•  

Guest mands
On 8/2/2020 at 12:50 AM, JBcst2 said:

Looks like mine were a little long! They specified word count and not character count so I went by that. Mine were around 400 words each which works out to around 2000-2500 characters each. 

•  

Mine def maxed out the word count to the very best. I felt like being local to the school (not that it matters) has taught me so much about the injustices, culture, etc. about the local communities. I wish they gave me more words! 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, mands said:

Mine def maxed out the word count to the very best. I felt like being local to the school (not that it matters) has taught me so much about the injustices, culture, etc. about the local communities. I wish they gave me more words! 

I tried to keep mine around 300-400 words. I figured they'd get bored reading my life story after reading a million others. I did try to show my passion for working in underprivileged communities and holistic healthcare. Also I was born and raised in Chicago, but im from out of state so hopefully that's a bonus.

• Like 1