2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 2/11/2021 at 8:59 AM, TeddyRucpin said:

What is a benefit of this? I'm curious where this will go as I imagine a fair amount of us have acceptances already and potentially committed elsewhere at this point.

I am also curious - for everyone who is already committed elsewhere, why stay on the list? I assume there may be others who are trying to attend NU as their first choice and are on the waitlist. Genuinely curious. 

7 minutes ago, amandapa21 said:

I am also curious - for everyone who is already committed elsewhere, why stay on the list? I assume there may be others who are trying to attend NU as their first choice and are on the waitlist. Genuinely curious. 

People may have thrown down a grand for a program (or even two); however, NU could be their first choice. Thus, some will wait this out.

42 minutes ago, amandapa21 said:

I am accepted to another program, but NU is my first choice so I would definitely give up my seat (and deposit) at the other program to go to NU! 

1 hour ago, kiya11 said:

I am accepted to another program, but NU is my first choice so I would definitely give up my seat (and deposit) at the other program to go to NU! 

Totally get that! Should've clarified, i mean if people don't have any intention of giving up a spot where they're already accepted, eg accepted into their #1, etc. There are so many ways the WL can spin, and it seems like a lot of spots on it vs. likely minimal spots to open in the program - Teddy, like you, just kind of wondering how this'll turn out! 

12 minutes ago, amandapa21 said:

Totally get that! Should've clarified, i mean if people don't have any intention of giving up a spot where they're already accepted, eg accepted into their #1, etc. There are so many ways the WL can spin, and it seems like a lot of spots on it vs. likely minimal spots to open in the program - Teddy, like you, just kind of wondering how this'll turn out! 

I'm not holding my breath, especially due to the fact its unranked, we don't know how many people are on it, and the trend of people holding onto seats until the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...