2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 12/27/2020 at 6:46 PM, BiancaBugajski said:

Applied mid August, haven’t heard anything. 

Right there with ya, I applied in July, no contact since completing my supplemental app. Not super optimistic at this point, but interested to still follow along with other applicants and accepted students. 

10 minutes ago, sabhad said:

I applied early may- no response. I have a killer GPA and about 1600 PCE. I think this school values high PCE and volunteer hours more than anything which may explain the ignoring of my application lol 

To be blunt, this is one of the best universities in the US. Moreover, the PA program class size is small (36). I interviewed there and they focus a significant portion of one interview on grades/academics; this was different from other places I interviewed with  

PCE varies in quality; a MA/CNA doesn’t compare to a flight medic or respiratory therapist. 1600 hours is definitely on the low side though (or less than a year of work).

To be honest, who knows what most of these places are looking for. I was rejected pre-interview from brand new and what I thought would be “backup” schools and received interviews from some very good ones. The process is bizarre. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, sabhad said:

I applied early may- no response. I have a killer GPA and about 1600 PCE. I think this school values high PCE and volunteer hours more than anything which may explain the ignoring of my application lol 

Yeah, it's tough to pinpoint specific factors, especially with LOR and personal statements being a wild card as well. They do a holistic application review but are a pretty competitive program. According to their website last year's incoming class had median & mean HCE of around 5,000 hours, and GPA around 3.7.  

7 hours ago, JulieFuturePA said:

Just received an invite for Jan 20th. They stated that it was on a first come first serve basis type deal.  I replied two hours after I received the email and am not sure if I’m guaranteed a spot yet- I’m not sure how many they were looking to fill! Wishing everyone the best of luck as they continue to hear back 🙂

Also got an interview on Jan 20!

got my confirmation about 30 minutes later! Best of luck to everyone!!

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, JulieFuturePA said:

Just received an invite for Jan 20th. They stated that it was on a first come first serve basis type deal.  I replied two hours after I received the email and am not sure if I’m guaranteed a spot yet- I’m not sure how many they were looking to fill! Wishing everyone the best of luck as they continue to hear back 🙂

On 1/12/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ntk94 said:

Also got an interview on Jan 20!

got my confirmation about 30 minutes later! Best of luck to everyone!!

Do you guys mind sharing when you applied? And stats?:)

Guest Paapp20202021
On 1/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, PAgirl0320 said:

Do you guys mind sharing when you applied? And stats?:)

I got a rejection email today and I applied in may