2020-2021 Application Cycle

Thought I’d start the thread for this cycle. I submitted my CASPA and supplemental app yesterday, 05/17, and got CASPA verified today 05/18. Also just received an email from NU saying they received all my required documents and my application is now under review. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by nazij

24 minutes ago, JeliBean1999 said:

Do you know if each application is verified separately on CASPA? Or, is it once you submit one application and that one is verified, the rest will also be verified?

Once you verify one app the rest will be verified -- you won't be able to change anything, only add experiences/achievements. 

I also applied to NU, received their confirmation, and hoping for the best! 

1 hour ago, aap423 said:

Last year: 3.19 science GPA, 3.27 CUM. Publication from internship, about 800 hours of scribe and EMT combined. Also had 3000+ hours of EKG tech, however, i don’t know if programs consider that as patient care hours rather than “healthcare experience”
 GRE: Verbal 76th percentile, Quant 54% Analytical 98th percentile 

This year: 3.23 science, 3.3 cum. 2000 hours+ scribe and EMT, plus publication. Also got a job as an Ortho Tech in the same orthopedic clinic I scribed at removing sutures, casting, splinting, etc. but was furloughed cause of COVID, so took 911 position as EMT in Baltimore City, and was also redeployed to ER at local hospital to help treat COVID patients. Letters of rec from 3 physicians who I scribed for, as well as orgo chem Professor, and 5th letter from EMT ops director that I worked for. Increased volunteer experience through my local fire department. Completely changed my personal statement and supp essays to include updated patient care experience. 

I also am submitting my application earlier this year as opposed to last year when I submitted in July and one of the pre reqs wasn’t even verified on my application. I interviewed in October of last year.

Hope this helps!

Your application is very well rounded and that’s what they like to see. Hopefully you’ll definitely get in this time☺️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/2/2020 at 9:51 AM, CinCin said:

Hello everyone,

Do you know how long it took for the university to verify your application from the date CASPA verified your application?

I got an email at 2am from CASPA saying my application was verified and at 10am recieved an email from northwestern saying my app was under review. 

Guest thePAway
11 hours ago, MYoukh said:

How are you liking it so far?

I am only on week 3 and we are still online as of now but given the current circumstances the faculty has been extremely supportive and I have learned a lot in the short amount of time! I have also really enjoyed getting to know some classmates and feel like the program makes a significant effort to have an eclectic mix of students from different ages and backgrounds

• 2 weeks later...