Yale University Physician Assistant Program Cycle 2020-2021 (NOT ONLINE)

21 hours ago, ekc5755 said:

I think they said that the admissions committee meets a couple of times. They did say they would probably meet this week, but I assume that would be after their interview days this week which I think would be today and Thursday. My guess would be that some people might hear next week—possibly this Friday at the absolute earliest. 

Historically it looks like they extend invites 2+ weeks after. I really hope you're right-- I'm dying to hear back!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ngab234 said:

So the interview is not MMI right its just one 30 minute session with a faculty member and alumni? Trying to get any info I can. Any tips are appreciated for those who have already interviewed! This is going to be my first one and I am a wee bit terrified. 🙂 

Yes! It's traditional. It may have 2 faculty or 1 faculty member and 1 alumni. They release the names of those interviewing you a few days prior so you can research them! Mine had a lot in common with me so we were able to have a really great discussion and I honestly couldn't stop smiling even though I was dying leading up to the interview lol. I suspect they tailor the interviewers to the applicant's backgrounds. It's also very relaxed-- I felt like they were trying to advocate for me and delve deeper into my application. Hope it helps!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, daddybenzene said:

Yes! It's traditional. It may have 2 faculty or 1 faculty member and 1 alumni. They release the names of those interviewing you a few days prior so you can research them! Mine had a lot in common with me so we were able to have a really great discussion and I honestly couldn't stop smiling even though I was dying leading up to the interview lol. I suspect they tailor the interviewers to the applicant's backgrounds. It's also very relaxed-- I felt like they were trying to advocate for me and delve deeper into my application. Hope it helps!

That is extremely helpful thank you so much!! 

41 minutes ago, AnnaSun14 said:

Hi everyone! I have an interview with this program tomorrow. Question- they sent out an email that says dress code is business casual. I have a suit that I wear for interviews, is that too formal for this? Did you all wear suits or did anyone do true business casual? Thanks!

Hey! I think a suit is perfect! Wear whatever you're comfortable interviewing in and typically wear. Better to be safe. I wore a blazer. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AnnaSun14 said:

Hi everyone! I have an interview with this program tomorrow. Question- they sent out an email that says dress code is business casual. I have a suit that I wear for interviews, is that too formal for this? Did you all wear suits or did anyone do true business casual? Thanks!

Everyone wore a suit at my session! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skylar said:

Hey! I think a suit is perfect! Wear whatever you're comfortable interviewing in and typically wear. Better to be safe. I wore a blazer. 

I wore a blazer and took it off during the break and then got called into my interview room and forgot to put it back on 😂 (major facepalm!) I would wear a blazer or jacket!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GlassesAir said:

Invited to interview today! 🙂
did anyone else have the experience where in choosing a day the options were all the same day?

It's first come first serve in terms of choosing from the few interview dates they have available, so probably the other dates got filled up earlier! 

1 minute ago, Cllliu said:

It's first come first serve in terms of choosing from the few interview dates they have available, so probably the other dates got filled up earlier! 

that makes sense. I just found it strange that the 4-5 options given were the same day repeated. Just wanted to make sure the selection went through and that it wasn't a glitch! 

6 hours ago, GlassesAir said:

Invited to interview today! 🙂
did anyone else have the experience where in choosing a day the options were all the same day?

I had two options that were the same date, I imagine those are the remaining “spots” for the interview if that makes sense. So if you had five options with all the same date, you’d be picking one of the five virtual seats for the interview

9 minutes ago, Noog09 said:

I had two options that were the same date, I imagine those are the remaining “spots” for the interview if that makes sense. So if you had five options with all the same date, you’d be picking one of the five virtual seats for the interview

That would make sense. Thanks! And good luck!

• Thanks 1