Yale University Physician Assistant Program Cycle 2020-2021 (NOT ONLINE)

1 hour ago, aewayne22 said:

Hi! Can people that received an interview invite post their stats/ when they were verified. Thanks!

Applied 6/29 (verified at that time). Interview invite given 9/11 for 9/29.

-----

Stats:

Bachelors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Masters in Microbiology and Cell Science

GPA 3.8

sGPA 3.78

GRE 164Q/164V/6AWA

PCE ; ~1400hrs as a hemodialysis PCT at time of app (phlebotomy, lab processing, collecting vitals, patient charting, etc)

Research: ~7000 hours in immunology and biochemistry research labs, 1 publication

Community service: 300ish hours; kid's karate teacher and ESL teacher at a women's homeless shelter

Shadowing: 20 hours; 16 in an orthopedic surgical unit, 4 online w/ a spinal surgery PA

Other notes: 1st time applicant, graduated college in 3 years, from a MUA, worked throughout undergrad and grad school, career changer/nontrad, some prereqs done online at a community college (A&P). LOR from an RN, a community college professor, and a PA I shadowed with (no other strong recent connections)

• Like 1

Do you think if we applied in May and haven't gotten an interview invitation by now (after what seems like the first wave), then we are probably taken out of the pile and probably won't be getting an interview? Or, does it seem like those who applied really early and haven't had an invite by now might still have a chance of getting an interview?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2020 at 3:39 PM, modonnell1027 said:

I applied in late July and just received an interview for October 13th. Does anyone have insight on the interview style? I am so excited!

It's a 30 minute 2:1 interview with 2 faculty or 1 faculty member and 1 alumni. I haven't had mine yet but I heard it's pretty relaxed! There's also other stuff added, including a virtual tour, an info session, financial aid session, etc so it stretches out to 4ish hours

• Like 1

I received an interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing on 10/15! I am extremely grateful to have been provided with the opportunity to represent myself to admissions and will make the most of this privilege. Best of luck to everyone on this long, arduous, humbling journey that is intra-COVID PA school applications.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

I received an interview invite yesterday and will be interviewing on 10/15! I am extremely grateful to have been provided with the opportunity to represent myself to admissions and will make the most of this privilege. Best of luck to everyone on this long, arduous, humbling journey that is intra-COVID PA school applications.

WOOOOOOOOOO!! Good luck!

43 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

Congrats and good luck!! When did you apply? 

I think they said that the admissions committee meets a couple of times. They did say they would probably meet this week, but I assume that would be after their interview days this week which I think would be today and Thursday. My guess would be that some people might hear next week—possibly this Friday at the absolute earliest. 

• Like 2