Yale University Physician Assistant Program Cycle 2020-2021 (NOT ONLINE)

On 7/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, mands said:

Checking in! I asked your question for you at the virtual fair yesterday, if you weren't there! They said that research is not mandatory, but you'd have challenges in writing the supplemental & for the fact that the clinical research component is really heavy on the curriculum (assuming this means that you'd have to learn about it while some other's don't, not impossible, but would be an extra thing to do during PA school if that's what you want) ! So it isn't a no 🙂  Based on this answer, give it a shot, i'd say !

Hi!

I was just looking at this forum and I wanted to say thank you that what so thoughtful of you to ask that for other people! I had the same question!:) 

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I was verified on 6/8 but am just now finishing up the supplemental that is due on September 1st. Would it be too much of a risk to submit the supplemental by August 31st? I know the email that you have completed all parts of the application will come after September 1st, so does that matter? Or is it just a matter of when you submit the supplemental? Any help would be appreciated!

On 8/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, MEJ97 said:

Hey guys!

I was verified on 6/8 but am just now finishing up the supplemental that is due on September 1st. Would it be too much of a risk to submit the supplemental by August 31st? I know the email that you have completed all parts of the application will come after September 1st, so does that matter? Or is it just a matter of when you submit the supplemental? Any help would be appreciated!

Is your question whether the supplemental due September 1st is actually due September 1st? That’s what I understood from your post. I think you should be fine as long as everything is submitted by the deadline.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DelaneyR44 said:

Is your question whether the supplemental due September 1st is actually due September 1st? That’s what I understood from your post. I think you should be fine as long as everything is submitted by the deadline.

Yes! I was just making sure that even if I don't get the email that I submitted, I will be eligible for review as long as I submit it on time!! Thank you

• Upvote 1

I sent in my CASPA 6/8 and my supplemental tonight on 9/1 (yay for procrastination)! I wonder if submitting my supplemental pretty last minute will affect the order in which they review my application, or if it is dependent on the CASPA verification date?

Schools don’t usually review apps until they are complete. If your supplemental was submitted on 9/1, then that would be the completion date. But I wouldn’t worry, submitting on the deadline wouldn’t affect you receiving an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I sent in my CASPA 8/1 and my Supplemental 8/31. I understand that it was late in the cycle as it was close to their deadline, but has anyone heard of previous applicants getting interviews who applied in August?

I’m not too sure, but I applied in august as well. I’m sure you should be okay. It doesn’t seem like they e sent out interviews or rejections yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, jparra1 said:

Hi everyone. I'm Jose and I'm a refreshing my email like crazy because I want to hear something from Yale addict.

Did anyone catch wind if they are gonna say something soon? I'm gonna put it out there in the universe it *might* be next week because i feel like it's starting to be time where people get back to us! I follow their IG and they just had their white coat ceremony! 

37 minutes ago, mands said:

Did anyone catch wind if they are gonna say something soon? I'm gonna put it out there in the universe it *might* be next week because i feel like it's starting to be time where people get back to us! I follow their IG and they just had their white coat ceremony! 

I really hope it is next week!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ekc5755 said:

Hi All,

wanted to let you know that I received an email inviting me to a virtual interview within the last hour. The invitations have officially begun.

good luck to all of you!

1 minute ago, daddybenzene said:

I got an interview invite (9/11)!! Application received 6/30!!

I love research and I'm super pumped for this opportunity!

Congrats to both of you!! Best of luck on your interviews!

• Like 3