Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

For those of you getting interviews, what are your stats? Also, congratulations! 
I’m hoping I get an interview this cycle. SCU is my dream school!

Approximately 3.6 GPA

graduated 2017 from Chapman University with a health Sciences pre-physician assistant emphasis 

> 5,500 hrs patient experience as a CMA and scribe

3rd time PA school applicant. First time SCU applicant. Interviewing Feb 5th. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am interviewing this afternoon, I will let you guys know how it goes! 

I was accepted to one of my top programs, so I gave up my interview! I hope someone hears good news soon!

Hi, I just wanted to say I am sorry to those that did have a bad experience but it is not that way for everyone. I have had 4 other interview experiences and this one was definitely top two. I have ha

Posted Images

Guest Paapp20202021
1 hour ago, EmilyJean said:

Approximately 3.6 GPA

graduated 2017 from Chapman University with a health Sciences pre-physician assistant emphasis 

> 5,500 hrs patient experience as a CMA and scribe

3rd time PA school applicant. First time SCU applicant. Interviewing Feb 5th. 

My stats: 

3.6 overall gpa

3.5 science gpa

3,500 PCE (medical assisting)

700 hours (personal training) 

300-400 hours (volunteering)

First time applying to PA school  

Got an interview! Just waiting to hear back on a date and time

Edited by Paapp20202021
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paapp20202021 said:

My stats: 

3.6 overall gpa

3.5 science gpa

3,500 PCE (medical assisting)

700 hours (personal training) 

300-400 hours (volunteering)

First time applying to PA school  

 

You’re a great applicant. I hope you hear soon for an interview!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
5 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Awesome!! Did you interview already or when is your interview? Good luck my friend! 

 

14 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Awesome!! Did you interview already or when is your interview? Good luck my friend! 

I have not interviewed yet. I’m actually waiting for an interview date and time so right now it’s TBD but I will announce it on this forum once I hear back

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an invite but I haven't gotten the day yet for the interview. Did anyone of you guys did an interview already? if yes can you please tell us how was it. Thank you all and good luck for everybody 

Edited by Abode
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
20 minutes ago, Abode said:

I received an invite but I haven't gotten the day yet for the interview. Did anyone of you guys did an interview already? if yes can you please tell us how was it. Thank you all and good luck for everybody 

Same here! I haven’t gotten my day and time yet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
20 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

I received mine a week later. Hang tight! You’ll get it!

I will be interviewing on February 9th at 12:30pm. Do we email back confirming the date and time?

Edited by Paapp20202021
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

I will be interviewing on February 9th at 12:30pm. Do we email back confirming the date and time?

Yay! Good luck! I am Feb 5th. I didn’t respond to mine. The only response they needed was your initial accepting interview offer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, EmilyJean said:

My interview is on February 5th at 9:15 am via Zoom! Good luck to all interviewing, and don't lose hope for those still waiting to hear back! There is time!

I have the same date and time! I wonder if we'll see each other on zoom? If so, I look forward to seeing you! Best of luck to you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, benyonce said:

I have the same date and time! I wonder if we'll see each other on zoom? If so, I look forward to seeing you! Best of luck to you 🙂

Yay!! Congrats! It would be great to see you! Hopefully we do get to meet other interviewees as well. Good luck, friend!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, abovee said:

Received an interview invite yesterday as well and I am so excited! Does anyone know how long the interviews will be or the style of interview? 

I only received 1 zoom link so I’m thinking it’s more of a 2 on 1 interview style. But they very well might do MMI and do “breakout rooms” via zoom. It’s hard to say. But congrats!! Excited for all! Good luck friends! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

I only received 1 zoom link so I’m thinking it’s more of a 2 on 1 interview style. But they very well might do MMI and do “breakout rooms” via zoom. It’s hard to say. But congrats!! Excited for all! Good luck friends! 

So true, its hard to know what they may do. Congrats to you as well and good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I was invited for an interview a few days ago as well but I am trying to decide whether I will accept the offer or not. I was accepted to another school that is across the country. The appealing part of SCU is that its only 3 hours from my hometown, however, I am feeling unsure with the fact that they are on probation with their accreditation. Can I get some insight on that? Or could any current students tell me a little about their experience with this school?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your stats? 
 

Not at all! 

B.S in biochemistry

Overall gpa: 3.5

Science: 3.3

Prerequisite: 3.8

PCE hours: 6000 (pediatric scribe)

Volunteer: 400 hours (ER)

Shadowing: 30 hours (PA and MD)

Research: 900 hours 

Teaching: 2000 hours

 

Edited by abovee
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abovee said:

Not at all! 

B.S in biochemistry

Overall gpa: 3.5

Science: 3.3

Prerequisite: 3.8

PCE hours: 6000 (pediatric scribe)

Volunteer: 400 hours (ER)

Shadowing: 30 hours (PA and MD)

Research: 900 hours 

Teaching: 2000 hours

 

That is awesome! I actually have similar stats, but I am a pediatric back office MA. Thank you so much for sharing! I’m hoping that they reach out to me soon.

Congratulations! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
2 hours ago, patpat702 said:

Congratulations everyone! I hope to get an invite soon. Does anyone know how many invites they send out ? 

200 I believe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More