14 minutes ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

For those of you getting interviews, what are your stats? Also, congratulations! 
I’m hoping I get an interview this cycle. SCU is my dream school!

Approximately 3.6 GPA

graduated 2017 from Chapman University with a health Sciences pre-physician assistant emphasis 

> 5,500 hrs patient experience as a CMA and scribe

3rd time PA school applicant. First time SCU applicant. Interviewing Feb 5th. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Paapp20202021
1 hour ago, EmilyJean said:

Approximately 3.6 GPA

graduated 2017 from Chapman University with a health Sciences pre-physician assistant emphasis 

> 5,500 hrs patient experience as a CMA and scribe

3rd time PA school applicant. First time SCU applicant. Interviewing Feb 5th. 

My stats: 

3.6 overall gpa

3.5 science gpa

3,500 PCE (medical assisting)

700 hours (personal training) 

300-400 hours (volunteering)

First time applying to PA school  

Got an interview! Just waiting to hear back on a date and time

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest Paapp20202021
5 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Awesome!! Did you interview already or when is your interview? Good luck my friend! 

14 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Awesome!! Did you interview already or when is your interview? Good luck my friend! 

I have not interviewed yet. I’m actually waiting for an interview date and time so right now it’s TBD but I will announce it on this forum once I hear back

Guest Paapp20202021
20 minutes ago, Abode said:

I received an invite but I haven't gotten the day yet for the interview. Did anyone of you guys did an interview already? if yes can you please tell us how was it. Thank you all and good luck for everybody 

Same here! I haven’t gotten my day and time yet 

Guest Paapp20202021
20 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

I received mine a week later. Hang tight! You’ll get it!

I will be interviewing on February 9th at 12:30pm. Do we email back confirming the date and time?

Edited by Paapp20202021

On 1/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, EmilyJean said:

My interview is on February 5th at 9:15 am via Zoom! Good luck to all interviewing, and don't lose hope for those still waiting to hear back! There is time!

I have the same date and time! I wonder if we'll see each other on zoom? If so, I look forward to seeing you! Best of luck to you :)

5 hours ago, abovee said:

Received an interview invite yesterday as well and I am so excited! Does anyone know how long the interviews will be or the style of interview? 

I only received 1 zoom link so I’m thinking it’s more of a 2 on 1 interview style. But they very well might do MMI and do “breakout rooms” via zoom. It’s hard to say. But congrats!! Excited for all! Good luck friends! 

6 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

I only received 1 zoom link so I’m thinking it’s more of a 2 on 1 interview style. But they very well might do MMI and do “breakout rooms” via zoom. It’s hard to say. But congrats!! Excited for all! Good luck friends! 

So true, its hard to know what they may do. Congrats to you as well and good luck!

Hi! I was invited for an interview a few days ago as well but I am trying to decide whether I will accept the offer or not. I was accepted to another school that is across the country. The appealing part of SCU is that its only 3 hours from my hometown, however, I am feeling unsure with the fact that they are on probation with their accreditation. Can I get some insight on that? Or could any current students tell me a little about their experience with this school?

1 hour ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your stats? 

Not at all! 

B.S in biochemistry

Overall gpa: 3.5

Science: 3.3

Prerequisite: 3.8

PCE hours: 6000 (pediatric scribe)

Volunteer: 400 hours (ER)

Shadowing: 30 hours (PA and MD)

Research: 900 hours 

Teaching: 2000 hours

Edited by abovee

4 hours ago, abovee said:

Not at all! 

B.S in biochemistry

Overall gpa: 3.5

Science: 3.3

Prerequisite: 3.8

PCE hours: 6000 (pediatric scribe)

Volunteer: 400 hours (ER)

Shadowing: 30 hours (PA and MD)

Research: 900 hours 

Teaching: 2000 hours

That is awesome! I actually have similar stats, but I am a pediatric back office MA. Thank you so much for sharing! I’m hoping that they reach out to me soon.

Congratulations! 

Guest Paapp20202021
2 hours ago, patpat702 said:

Congratulations everyone! I hope to get an invite soon. Does anyone know how many invites they send out ? 

200 I believe