And I actually have really good stats 
4.0/3.9 gpa with over 16,0000 pce and awards. So idk [emoji52] lol. Oh well, I guess it’s not meant to be ! 

Everything happens for a reason, it only takes one! We still got this, best of luck to those that got an interview! As for the rest, may the odds be in our favor [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone! 
Just wanted to bring a new perspective. We are more than just our stats! Try to focus less on that 😊Yes that’s something schools look at for academic success, but UTSW (and other schools!) believes deeply in their mission statement. I would say that if their mission statement is something that resonates with you,  maybe take a look at your essay and see if it was conveyed! See if the experience you have aligns with their mission (volunteering!). This is one school of many, and as it was said beautifully before, some rejections may have been given out not because you aren’t capable, but they may see something in your application that indicates an institution-student mismatch. Also, remember it is SO much harder to get in if you are out of state. Don’t feel discouraged! You all are smart and capable and even if UTSW isn’t the right school for you, it doesn’t mean PA isn’t the right career for you. Remember your passion and find a school that fits that passion! If it is UTSW, make sure your application shows it!!
Sincerely, good luck to all of you! 😁

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Hey everyone! 
Just wanted to bring a new perspective. We are more than just our stats! Try to focus less on that [emoji4]Yes that’s something schools look at for academic success, but UTSW (and other schools!) believes deeply in their mission statement. I would say that if their mission statement is something that resonates with you,  maybe take a look at your essay and see if it was conveyed! See if the experience you have aligns with their mission (volunteering!). This is one school of many, and as it was said beautifully before, some rejections may have been given out not because you aren’t capable, but they may see something in your application that indicates an institution-student mismatch. Also, remember it is SO much harder to get in if you are out of state. Don’t feel discouraged! You all are smart and capable and even if UTSW isn’t the right school for you, it doesn’t mean PA isn’t the right career for you. Remember your passion and find a school that fits that passion! If it is UTSW, make sure your application shows it!!
Sincerely, good luck to all of you! [emoji16]

Beautifully said. Good luck to everyone [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Khinder said:

Call to reschedule. If already scheduled with UNT then call UTSW. I did that to reschedule . 

My main dilemma is that the next date for UTSW is the end of November whereas right now I don't know any other dates for UNT but it's likely not as far away. Both programs look like they interview 3 people for every seat in the program so there isn't really better odds for either one. It kind of comes down to interviewing on the 3rd date for UNT and UTSW or the 2nd date for UTSW and 4th date for UNT

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dwebb97 said:

My main dilemma is that the next date for UTSW is the end of November whereas right now I don't know any other dates for UNT but it's likely not as far away. Both programs look like they interview 3 people for every seat in the program so there isn't really better odds for either one. It kind of comes down to interviewing on the 3rd date for UNT and UTSW or the 2nd date for UTSW and 4th date for UNT

If I was in your position I would keep the appointment with UTSW because imo, it is slightly more superior with its facilities and rotations. No offense if I hurt anyone's feelings with this opinion

Edited by Pa98173jd

16 minutes ago, sconway said:

They didn’t give a specific date. They said it would/may be delayed since they aren’t meeting in person. So with that being said, I’m glued to my email 😆

I have also been GLUED to my email waiting hahaha, so far I have not heard anything and I interviewed Sept 19th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1