1 hour ago, Nervousbutexcited said:

Did anyone who applied in August receive a rejection email? 

I applied in August and I haven't received anything. Did you apply in August? Wondering if maybe they haven't gotten to August applicants yet? I am a second time applicant who interviewed last year so I am hoping to at least make it to interview round again, lol! 

Best of luck to all! There is a plan for everyone, even if you cant see it now, things work out how they are supposed to. Was rejected from UTSW last year and I was super sad...BUT in retrospect I am happy things worked out how they did because of the pandemic affecting schools the way it is!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, graciegirl said:

I applied in August and I haven't received anything. Did you apply in August? Wondering if maybe they haven't gotten to August applicants yet? I am a second time applicant who interviewed last year so I am hoping to at least make it to interview round again, lol! 

Best of luck to all! There is a plan for everyone, even if you cant see it now, things work out how they are supposed to. Was rejected from UTSW last year and I was super sad...BUT in retrospect I am happy things worked out how they did because of the pandemic affecting schools the way it is!

Yes, I applied in August.  I couldn't apply until I finished all of my prerequisites but am now freaking out seeing how many people UTSW rejected today.  Did you apply in August last cycle as well? 

27 minutes ago, Nervousbutexcited said:

Yes, I applied in August.  I couldn't apply until I finished all of my prerequisites but am now freaking out seeing how many people UTSW rejected today.  Did you apply in August last cycle as well? 

Nope, last cycle I applied in end of May/ early June. Felt compelled to wait out my apps this year and apply later, not sure why, was just a gut feeling. I wouldn't worry yet, I doubt they have even had a chance to review our applications yet!

• Upvote 1

hey yall! Just got my rejection today! Submitted early July - have gotten an interview @ every other school I applied to (Univ. or Colorado) but was really excited about UTSW! Just goes to show if you are RIGHT for the school they WILL choose you! I think they really want us to thrive!!

GOODLUCK to everyone waiting/interviewing/accepted!! My heart is with yall!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, graciegirl said:

I’m in the same boat! Got an interview last year but got rejected, haven’t heard back from them yet. I guess it’s better than getting a rejection letter but this waiting game is so nerve-racking. 

• Like 1

Just because a qualified applicant (great stats and accepted to multiple other programs) is rejected from UTSW that doesn't mean the school is missing out. In fact, UTSW saw a deficiency in those applicants that maybe the other programs missed or it would be a student-institution mismatch. It is a hit to the ego but it is what it is unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pa98173jd said:

Just because a qualified applicant (great stats and accepted to multiple other programs) is rejected from UTSW that doesn't mean the school is missing out. In fact, UTSW saw a deficiency in those applicants that maybe the other programs missed or it would be a student-institution mismatch. It is a hit to the ego but it is what it is unfortunately.

Well said! I agree.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

The PA I shadowed went to this school and my stats are better than his. I got a rejected email this morning. Kind of surprised but maybe other applicants were just a better fit. 

Yes! Thank you for saying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1