2 hours ago, cb333 said:

I did the exact same thing. Could’ve sworn that it wasn’t needed for this school but then again I applied to quite a few different schools so could’ve got them mixed up. I finally figured it out after checking the portal for when you submit the residency questionnaire and saw I was missing a requirement

Do you have the link for the portal? Now I'm second guessing myself and can't find it anywhere!

I have a Masters degree and therefore it was not required that I send one in. The GRE was initially not checked off on my portal, but when I rechecked it a week or two later, there was the check mark by it, so I breathed a sigh of relief.

I definitely agree with other posters that you must read every sentence of every page/tab carefully! Something that I did this year which made my life a million times easier is I made an excel sheet for EVERY school I applied to and EVERY school I was just even interested in.

Columns were: LOCATION? GRE? CASPER? DEADLINE? SUPP FEES? TUITION? SCHOLARSHIPS? CONFORMATION EMAIL? and so on. I slowly but surely started filling the information in. It takes spending a LOT of time on their websites as well as their CASPA page, but there is nothing like peace of mind my friends! It was so easy to go back to and refresh myself of things I had yet to do or things I am waiting for on their end as well! Refreshed my memory also as to why I didn't apply to some programs and did to others. 

I hope that helps...if maybe not this year, then def next year 🙂 Good luck to all 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, polevaulter said:

Did anyone get an invite for today? I know their informational sessions are not in-person, but it seems like their interview days are?

Have they even sent out invitations to interview yet? They are the only Texas school I have not heard anything from. It doesn't look like anyone else on here has posted about getting an invite yet either?

28 minutes ago, MikeT said:

Have they even sent out invitations to interview yet? They are the only Texas school I have not heard anything from. It doesn't look like anyone else on here has posted about getting an invite yet either?

No word yet.. I submitted 5/19 so hopefully we start hearing soon.

Edited by whatsPAppin

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

Have you heard from UTRGV?? I applied to most of the schools in Texas and UTSW and UTRGV are both ones I haven't seen anything about interview invitations from!

2 minutes ago, MikeT said:

I just got an interview invitation to UTSW! The only issue is that it is on the SAME DAY "Sept 19th" as my UNT Interview. What do I do?

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you, that's such a huge accomplishment. I would see if theres any way to move your UNT interview? If you cant move dates then I guess it would come down to which school you prefer more or think you have a better chance at getting accepted into. When did you submit and complete the UTSW portal stuff?

11 minutes ago, PAlol said:

I just got invited to an interview on September 19th!

16 minutes ago, MikeT said:

I just got an interview invitation to UTSW! The only issue is that it is on the SAME DAY "Sept 19th" as my UNT Interview. What do I do?

Yay! Congrats and I'm sure you're ecstatic. When did y'all submit? I'm trying to get a sense of the timeline.

1 hour ago, whatsPAppin said:

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you, that's such a huge accomplishment. I would see if theres any way to move your UNT interview? If you cant move dates then I guess it would come down to which school you prefer more or think you have a better chance at getting accepted into. When did you submit and complete the UTSW portal stuff?

I am excited but really hope they let me push it back to a later date/ second round of interviews. I committed to the UNT interview over 2 months ago. My Top choice is UNT or UTSW as I live close to both. 

1 hour ago, vtexaspa said:

Yay! Congrats and I'm sure you're ecstatic. When did y'all submit? I'm trying to get a sense of the timeline.

I was submitted and verified on May 12th. My Residency questionnaire and GRE was in and done by May 15th. 

Edited by MikeT

40 minutes ago, MikeT said:

I got an interview for September 19th too! And I am in the same boat. I am going to email UTSW and see if I can reschedule because 1. UNT is also my top choice and 2. UNT asked me to interview back in July and UTSW only gave a week's notice. I think it would unprofessional to cancel or try to reschedule with UNT at this point. Hopefully UTSW will understand!

20 minutes ago, PA233 said:

I got an interview for September 19th too! And I am in the same boat. I am going to email UTSW and see if I can reschedule because 1. UNT is also my top choice and 2. UNT asked me to interview back in July and UTSW only gave a week's notice. I think it would unprofessional to cancel or try to reschedule with UNT at this point. Hopefully UTSW will understand!

Its nice to know we are in the same boat. I just called my friend who is a second year currently at UTSW PA school. She told me the same thing happened to her back in 2018. She said that she didn't want to cancel her UNT interview back then either so she emailed the admin office at UTSW and they just rescheduled her for the next round of applicants. She ended up at UTSW anyways so it cant hurt us!  I already emailed them. You'll get an automated response and they should send a formal email 48 hours or so later. Good Luck! 

P.S : I just got an email back asking me to interview now October 2nd and 3rd instead. I am going to accept it and drop my UTMB Interview. 

Edited by MikeT

49 minutes ago, FloresPA said:

Congratulations to those that received an interview, do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPA: 4.0

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 320

research: 2000 hours

PCE: 1500 hours

Volunteering: 800 hours

Submitted May 13th, verified May 14th, residency questionnaire submitted May 15th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, felipehdz10 said:

Btw.. how did y’all  word a request to reschedule? I’m just trying to sound as professional as I can 

I Just told them how it was. That I had been invited back in July to interview at another program for that date and if it was at all possible to reschedule.