First Job: Part-Time and Keep Looking for a Full-Time

So ultimately I want a full-time job, but I have been looking for about 1 or 2 months for a full-time position in Southern California and haven't gotten any full-time offers. I got a per diem offer, but would like to get some advice on what to do or say if I got an offer for full-time in the next few months. I would feel bad if I left the per diem job within 6 months, but am not sure what employers typically expect in this situation.

So ultimately I want a full-time job, but I have been looking for about 1 or 2 months for a full-time position in Southern California and haven't gotten any full-time offers. I got a per diem offer, but would like to get some advice on what to do or say if I got an offer for full-time in the next few months. I would feel bad if I left the per diem job within 6 months, but am not sure what employers typically expect in this situation.

Having experience (no matter how little), makes you much more marketable. Also, if you do get a full time offer, that doesn't mean that you need to leave the per diem job, you can still pick up a shift here or there. I also know of a few places that like to 'try' people out before a full commitment to a FT position, or they may know that a position may be opening up soon and want to start getting someone trained. Not much to lose at this point, since you haven't found anything else.

Having experience (no matter how little), makes you much more marketable. Also, if you do get a full time offer, that doesn't mean that you need to leave the per diem job, you can still pick up a shift here or there. I also know of a few places that like to 'try' people out before a full commitment to a FT position, or they may know that a position may be opening up soon and want to start getting someone trained. Not much to lose at this point, since you haven't found anything else.

Archived