Frustrated new-ish grad PA not sure what to do

20 hours ago, bobuddy said:

The clinic I was furloughed from almost 2 months ago has started bringing some of us back.   Right now I am approved to work 2 days at week at $40 per hour.    There is rumor that they will be asking us to take a 20% pay cut if /when they get us back up to full time and no cme funding, no opportunity for productivity.    

Are you or your colleagues working for $40/hr?  

What kind of cut are admin and the physicians taking?

4 hours ago, KpsPac said:

Are you or your colleagues working for $40/hr?  

What kind of cut are admin and the physicians taking?

Yes- I am working for that amount.    Over 100 APP’s were furloughed just from our clinic- if you take into account the other health care facilities- I don’t even know how many are out of work right now.  And  - we have about 150 new grads also looking for jobs.  At this time- it is either take it or leave it.  And with us being brought back- if we refuse we lose our unemployment because then it is considering “quitting” 

On 5/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, newton9686 said:

That’s tough when you have limited experience. As PAs we are only as good as our experience in the eyes of future employers. I would recommend extending your search as the sooner you get the experience you want in your respective field the sooner you get to start calling the shots on what you get paid and where you live and work. That’s what I had to do, now that I have 2.5 years under my belt I have a ton more options. But for those first 2 years I was commuting heavily because those were the best opportunities I had

How long was your commute? I've applied to a a job that is 66 miles away from where I live but opposite traffic.  So it would be a trafficless drive but it's long. I've done hour long commutes but usually due to traffic not due to distance. I'm not sure what's worst.