On 10/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, Lovethycoco said:

Hey guys! I have been interviewed to Thomas Jefferson NJ campus and Centeral city. I have been accepted to both of them! I decided to go to central city! Good luck everyone! If you have any questions, you can always ask me. 

Congratulations! How was the interview process at Center City? What did you like about the program?

Disclaimer: This was my experience. I honestly love this pa program for multiple reasons. They have a hospital named Thomas Jefferson, which I liked. Also, they are very organized. I interviewed five schools (I only applied to 8 schools and thus far, I have been accepted to 3 schools and one waitlisted while one interview was last week, so I don't know the results. I am not bragging, but I use this to show my experiences were like), which means I can tell if the program is organized even though we are in usual times with the pandemic. They kept the interview short (I also had a break), which was a plus because some schools just dragged my interview for hours. Their current PA students (who were on PA counsel (I forgot the name...) were happy and loved answering questions (believe it or not, other PA programs had current students did not seem very enthusiastic, especially answering the question of why they picked their school). TJ CC will give ipads to their students to keep, which I love enotes (no, I am not a rich student with a lot of apple products. I only have one apple product, which was my iPad. However, an Ipad is a better way of studying and saving paper. I also had a school that does not allow laptops and iPads or other electronics during lecture halls, which did not sit well with me). In addition, their tuition is not bad. I got accepted with a school that was 130k out of state. (I forgot to check the price of that school when I applied). They also offer dorms/apartments to live on campus, which not all schools provide for their graduates. I honestly can go on and on.  

8 hours ago, Lovethycoco said:
Disclaimer: This was my experience. I honestly love this pa program for multiple reasons. They have a hospital named Thomas Jefferson, which I liked. Also, they are very organized. I interviewed five schools (I only applied to 8 schools and thus far, I have been accepted to 3 schools and one waitlisted while one interview was last week, so I don't know the results. I am not bragging, but I use this to show my experiences were like), which means I can tell if the program is organized even though we are in usual times with the pandemic. They kept the interview short (I also had a break), which was a plus because some schools just dragged my interview for hours. Their current PA students (who were on PA counsel (I forgot the name...) were happy and loved answering questions (believe it or not, other PA programs had current students did not seem very enthusiastic, especially answering the question of why they picked their school). TJ CC will give ipads to their students to keep, which I love enotes (no, I am not a rich student with a lot of apple products. I only have one apple product, which was my iPad. However, an Ipad is a better way of studying and saving paper. I also had a school that does not allow laptops and iPads or other electronics during lecture halls, which did not sit well with me). In addition, their tuition is not bad. I got accepted with a school that was 130k out of state. (I forgot to check the price of that school when I applied). They also offer dorms/apartments to live on campus, which not all schools provide for their graduates. I honestly can go on and on.  

Thank you. How long was the interview day? Can anyone from East falls comment as well?

6 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Interview for East Falls. Can anyone comment on any similarities/differences between this program and CC? Are they still offering cadaver dissection for students at both facilities? Is the hospital network the same?

Thanks. 

I didn’t interview at CC so I can’t give similarities/differences, but I can give insight into east falls! The day consists of a virtual tour, a q&a, and a 2 on 1 interview. I’d say overall the day will be anywhere from 3-4 hours, but the actual interview portion is anywhere from 40-50 min. 

9 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Interview for East Falls. Can anyone comment on any similarities/differences between this program and CC? Are they still offering cadaver dissection for students at both facilities? Is the hospital network the same?

Thanks. 

Hi! So I actually interviewed at East Falls twice (waitlisted, and then accepted this year!) and interviewed at CC last year. So basically, CC used to be the original Thomas Jefferson University and East Falls was the original Philadelphia University. They have two different curriculums and start at different times. CC starts in May and is a 27 month program while East Falls starts in July and is a 25 month program. They have the same tuition for each year. What I liked about CC was that they give Ipads with all of the downloaded books and programs to each student and they have a Health Mentors program which is where you are in a group with an OT/med students and in charge of taking care of a case. Both campuses have their individual cadaver labs. East Falls built a brand new building dedicated to health professions and the PA students have their own floor. When I interviewed in person last year, I was very impressed with their brand new sim suite and labs. As far as clinicals, they set up their clinicals independently from one another, but I believe they both try to keep clinicals within a 70 mile radius from campus. East Falls offers a rural clinical setting in Mississippi and then a missions trip during one of the breaks. Also, it is worth noting that East Falls does not allow any type of technology during lecture.  East Falls has been accredited longer than CC, but both campuses seem like top-notch programs and have excellent PANCE rates. Both seem to prepare you rigorously for the PANCE. Although I was offered an interview at CC this year as well, I ended up declining because I already paid my deposit for East Falls ($1500!!) and I like the setting more (suburbs vs center city). And this is my own experience, but I felt more "at home" and welcomed at East Falls than I did at CC last year. I think this is because we had more time to interact with the director and faculty at East Falls than at CC.  The students I met at both campuses seemed very happy with their choice and did not seem overwhelmed or too stressed either. Either way, I think both CC and East Falls are very good programs and you can't really go wrong with either! 

14 hours ago, eluch15 said:

Hi! So I actually interviewed at East Falls twice (waitlisted, and then accepted this year!) and interviewed at CC last year. So basically, CC used to be the original Thomas Jefferson University and East Falls was the original Philadelphia University. They have two different curriculums and start at different times. CC starts in May and is a 27 month program while East Falls starts in July and is a 25 month program. They have the same tuition for each year. What I liked about CC was that they give Ipads with all of the downloaded books and programs to each student and they have a Health Mentors program which is where you are in a group with an OT/med students and in charge of taking care of a case. Both campuses have their individual cadaver labs. East Falls built a brand new building dedicated to health professions and the PA students have their own floor. When I interviewed in person last year, I was very impressed with their brand new sim suite and labs. As far as clinicals, they set up their clinicals independently from one another, but I believe they both try to keep clinicals within a 70 mile radius from campus. East Falls offers a rural clinical setting in Mississippi and then a missions trip during one of the breaks. Also, it is worth noting that East Falls does not allow any type of technology during lecture.  East Falls has been accredited longer than CC, but both campuses seem like top-notch programs and have excellent PANCE rates. Both seem to prepare you rigorously for the PANCE. Although I was offered an interview at CC this year as well, I ended up declining because I already paid my deposit for East Falls ($1500!!) and I like the setting more (suburbs vs center city). And this is my own experience, but I felt more "at home" and welcomed at East Falls than I did at CC last year. I think this is because we had more time to interact with the director and faculty at East Falls than at CC.  The students I met at both campuses seemed very happy with their choice and did not seem overwhelmed or too stressed either. Either way, I think both CC and East Falls are very good programs and you can't really go wrong with either! 

Thank you. No computers in class? How did they phrase it?

7 minutes ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Thank you. No computers in class? How did they phrase it?

Yeah, they said no technology including laptops, phones, tablets, etc. Their reasoning was that they want to "minimize distractions" and that writing notes by hand is proven to help you retain information more than when you type notes on a laptop. 

On 10/6/2020 at 11:39 AM, Lovethycoco said:

Hey guys! I have been interviewed to Thomas Jefferson NJ campus and Centeral city. I have been accepted to both of them! I decided to go to central city! Good luck everyone! If you have any questions, you can always ask me. 

Congratulations!!! So happy to see all the acceptance posts. If you don't mind sharing can you tell what was the style of interview for Central city campus like. Was it MMI? Just curious since my interview is on 10/13.