2020-2021 Application Cycle

18 hours ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Hello! Would some of you who were accepted mind sharing your stats? Planning on applying to this program next year!

Hi there! So I was under their GPA averages a bit, but I feel that my experiences and LORs really helped set me apart.

Overall GPA: 3.49
Science: 3.55
Last 60 units: 3.89
Clinical Hours: ~5000, all as an ER scribe
Volunteering: ~140 through The Trevor Project

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask!

22 hours ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Hello! Would some of you who were accepted mind sharing your stats? Planning on applying to this program next year!

cGPA: 3.72
sGPA: 3.78
PCE: 4,758 hrs (ER scribe, CNA at SNF and home for children with severe developmental disabilities)
HCE: 13,588 hrs (Human services, ILST)
Shadowing: 39 hrs (31 w/ PA)
Volunteer: 92 hrs

23 hours ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Hi! I hope this helps!

cGPA: 3.71

sGPA: 3.68

HCE: 3400 hrs - as a lab tech and transfusion tech.

PCE: 3800 hrs - as a bone marrow tech and phlebotomist 

Research: 200+ hrs: Biochemistry research

Volunteer: 100 hrs

Shadow: 50 hrs (oncology, bone marrow transplant, and internal medicine PAs, and emergency/ trauma MD)

Please let me know if there is anything I can help with! Best of luck!

4 hours ago, kthayer11 said:

Should they be calling people from the waitlist soon?! I thought Dec. was the last day for everyone to put in their answers for whether they wanted to accept or decline seats, but not sure how it all works! 

Dec. 10th was the last day to confirm your place on the waitlist. At the Nov. 21st interviews they said those offered seats would have 3 weeks to confirm or deny them, which would come out to around Dec. 15th. I am near the top of the waitlist so if I get the call I will be sure to let everyone here know that it is moving! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PghPA91 said:

Dec. 10th was the last day to confirm your place on the waitlist. At the Nov. 21st interviews they said those offered seats would have 3 weeks to confirm or deny them, which would come out to around Dec. 15th. I am near the top of the waitlist so if I get the call I will be sure to let everyone here know that it is moving! 

I was wondering if they were gonna start contacting the waitlist on a rolling basis as ppl denied/left for a different program. Seems it would be easier to contact ppl everyone at the same time and give the same deadline though.

Side note - Does anyone know what happens if you don't answer the phone call? LOOL Do they leave a VM? I work a job where I can't answer at any time

On 12/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, taylordavianna said:

Got an updated waitlist email yesterday saying my waitlisted spot was moved up one place. They said they haven’t accepted anyone off the waitlist yet. Is this stressing anyone else out or just me? Lol 

Me! When I first got the email I thought it meant that only one got accepted of the waitlist and my heart absolutely dropped. Hopefully we will get a better update soon! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, madlibs said:

I moved up one spot on the waitlist but the email said they haven’t accepted anyone off the waitlist yet. Does this mean no one has declined their seat offer?  

Seems that way... wondering if any of the accepted students here can give us waitlisted any insight into what's going on at the program?

Did you all pass your confirmation/deposit deadline already, any rumblings of people leaving or does the class seem pretty set in stone at this point?

• Upvote 1

Congrats to those who got accepted. I'm part of the class of 2020 and just passed my PANCE recently. Just wanted to say that you made a great decision to come to Pacific. The professors are all great and truly want everyone to excel. If you have any questions at all feel free to message me.  

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, PghPA91 said:

Seems that way... wondering if any of the accepted students here can give us waitlisted any insight into what's going on at the program?

Did you all pass your confirmation/deposit deadline already, any rumblings of people leaving or does the class seem pretty set in stone at this point?

Hi there! So I interviewed on the last day of sessions and was accepted. The deadline to pay the deposit has already passed for me, but I can’t speak on everyone else’s circumstances. Wishing you all the best of luck.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...