2020-2021 Application Cycle

11 minutes ago, sfalahati said:

Also received an acceptance call from the 11/7 interview! I can't wait to get to know everyone and meet you all in May 🙂 Does anyone know if a FB group has been made for accepted students? 

I just received my acceptance as well! I'm not sure, but I would love it if we could all start one!

• Like 2

• Administrator

So, this year I helped out at the 11/7 interviews.  I don't believe I interviewed any of you who posted here, but I did for six folks.  Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 and security and whatnot, this is the first year I wasn't able to review the full files of the applicants like I had done in years past--just a summary.  This makes me a bit sad, because it's actually really cool to read the applicant statements, see the PCE/HCE, and grades, and just imagine all the hard work people have put in to get to this point.  At any rate, as I've said with the last several years' candidates, the interviews were filled with enthusiastic, articulate, hard-working folks, and our job hasn't ever been to separate success from failure, but really to find who among the competent, qualified applicants are going to be the best fit for *this* program.  It's truly a tragedy of riches; I did not see a single applicant who was not ready for PA school--and yet, some will have interviewed well, others quite not so much.  If you didn't get selected right away, don't despair: the wait list can and will move (although how soon and by how much is anyone's guess), and there is always next year's application cycle.

• Like 15

On 11/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, SfmPA said:

Also received an acceptance call from the 11/7 interview! I can't wait to get to know everyone and meet you all in May 🙂 Does anyone know if a FB group has been made for accepted students? 

Congrats! There is already a Facebook group, they will add you once you pay the deposit! So excited to meet you all! 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:36 PM, cmPA5 said:

For those already in the Facebook group, how long did it take for them to accept you? I requested to be added a few days ago and my request is still pending

I think it took a day or two for me, but you have to submit your deposit first. I'm literally the only one who has posted so far, but that will likely pick up once we get closer to the start. I'm also thinking about starting a discord for us so we can have dedicated channels for housing, roommates, prep, resources, financial stuff, etc. 

Edit: one more post on there now! 

Edited by JessaA
Update
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, megtheprepa said:

Just got the email that I was wait listed. It was a great experience to interview with Pacific University. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted here and elsewhere! Hoping my day will come soon 🙂 

I was waitlisted too. Pretty bummed out but it’s not a definite no yet. Fingers crossed for both me and you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellieg said:

I also received an email saying that I’m waitlisted. Does anyone know how long the waitlist is? I’m wondering if they have a ton of people on the waitlist lol!

I was also waitlisted and can confirm that the waitlist is pretty long based on my rank #. I'm definitely happy though that they rank the waitlist so that you know where you stand. 

Edited by PhantomOpera
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I got a call earlier today offering acceptance to the program from the 11/21 interview! I’m feeling incredibly humbled and excited to begin this journey, and look forward to meeting my cohort in the future.

For those of you on the waitlist: I’m wishing you the best of luck. Keep faith and keep hope, it’s amazing to have made it even this far. 

• Like 2

I was waitlisted also, but will be declining my spot due to acceptance elsewhere! Wishing everyone lots of luck and peace who were accepted here, you've got this! and to everyone waiting, stay patient and hopeful, your time will come and you will succeed! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! 😊

Edited by caityprepagirl
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 4:25 PM, ellieg said:

I also received an email saying that I’m waitlisted. Does anyone know how long the waitlist is? I’m wondering if they have a ton of people on the waitlist lol!

On FB someone mentioned it being maybe 100 people long? Not sure if its accurate or if its just an estimate. Curious how likely the waitlist will move because of accepted ppl will pick a different program (versus waitlisted people choosing not to be on the waitlist). FINGERS CROSSED Y'ALL.

• Like 1