2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hi everyone!

I am a current student at Pacific's PA school! I just wanted to reach out to those of you interested in our program to see if I can answer any questions about what it is like here at Pacific 🙂

Unfortunately, I can't answer many questions about the interview, but I can tell you that Pacific wants to see you guys succeed- so don't be too nervous! I remember being in your shoes not too long ago, and I appreciated any information I could get about the different programs I was applying to. With everything being virtual, we want to make sure you still get a great picture of what Pacific is about!

• Like 10

Congratulations to everyone who has been invited to interview! I am also a current student (Class of 2022). Feel free to reach out and I will be more than happy to answer questions in regards to the program and such. We were literally in your shoes a year ago and want to convey any information we can to give everyone a better perspective of Pacific University.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, PhantomaOpera42 said:

Congratulations on everyone who received interviews! I was just curious if those that received interviews were mainly from the pacific northwest? I'm from southern california, applied and verified in early July but had no response yet 😕

I haven’t received a response either! I’m from central California near SF. I’m just anxiously waiting for an email. 

• Like 1

I received an interview invite and I currently live in Nebraska so I don't think where you live matters. Don't lost hope yet, no news is good news!

2 hours ago, PhantomaOpera42 said:

Congratulations on everyone who received interviews! I was just curious if those that received interviews were mainly from the pacific northwest? I'm from southern california, applied and verified in early July but had no response yet 😕

On 9/28/2020 at 8:15 AM, PacificPAstudent said:

Hi everyone!

I am a current student at Pacific's PA school! I just wanted to reach out to those of you interested in our program to see if I can answer any questions about what it is like here at Pacific 🙂

Unfortunately, I can't answer many questions about the interview, but I can tell you that Pacific wants to see you guys succeed- so don't be too nervous! I remember being in your shoes not too long ago, and I appreciated any information I could get about the different programs I was applying to. With everything being virtual, we want to make sure you still get a great picture of what Pacific is about!

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to answer our questions!

Do you know what Pacific University focuses on when looking at an application? My GPA is barely lower than the average and I feel crummy about my supplemental response (we always think of better things AFTER we submit!). I know GPA is a range so do they stress the supplemental? Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions!

19 hours ago, QuestTibaPA said:

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to answer our questions!

Do you know what Pacific University focuses on when looking at an application? My GPA is barely lower than the average and I feel crummy about my supplemental response (we always think of better things AFTER we submit!). I know GPA is a range so do they stress the supplemental? Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions!

I remember being in your shoes and feeling the same way about thinking of answers/thoughts that I felt I should of put into my supplemental or interview answers!! Don't question yourself too much, I'm sure it was great! 

That being said I'm not part of the admissions/interview process for Pacific so I don't really know the answer (annoying I know 🙂 ). I can say based on the wide levels of experience and academic history in my cohort Pacific is taking a TON of things into consideration, and not necessarily using one statistic or answer to decide on admission. I know this isn't a very helpful answer, but hopefully it can help you not worry over a single detail that is haunting you (believe me I get it).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PAthleticism said:

Does anyone know if all interview invites have been extended?

I don’t think so, I haven’t heard anything back either way. The email I got from them when they received my Caspa and supplemental application stated “If you meet minimum GPA criteria, the earliest you could hear from us is September and the latest could be early December.” With interviews being held September through December. 

. If you meet minimum GPA criteria, the earliest you could hear from us is September and the latest could be early December.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 11:55 PM, PacUPAstudent said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been invited to interview! I am also a current student (Class of 2022). Feel free to reach out and I will be more than happy to answer questions in regards to the program and such. We were literally in your shoes a year ago and want to convey any information we can to give everyone a better perspective of Pacific University.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, taylernmartinez said:

I haven’t received a response either! I’m from central California near SF. I’m just anxiously waiting for an email. 

I am from So Cal but live in Utah now. Good luck!!

On 9/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, PacificPAstudent said:

Hi everyone!

On 9/29/2020 at 1:55 AM, PacUPAstudent said:

I would love to hear more about the program from both of you if possible! Here are some questions I was wondering:

What do you think sets this program apart?

From what I understand, this is a systems based program, how do you like that and could you expand on that?

Is there anything you wish you would have known before enrolling--either good or bad?

What is the relationship like between students and faculty/staff?

How do you like the area? I'm from out of state and hear its pretty rural--which I don't mind!

How has COVID impacted the program, (didactic and/or clinical) is there any end in sight to tele-learning?

If either of you are in it, what are the clinical rotations like? Is it a smooth transition with faculty/staff finding sights or no? Any issues with finding housing? are most close or far?

This is just off the top of my head... I always like to know as much as I can about a program. 

Thank you both for any info you can give! 

Stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, faithr3 said:

Hey guys!! I am so excited to say that I got the acceptance call from admissions today! I plan on accepting the spot! Good luck to everyone else!

That’s so exciting congratulations!!! Without giving away too much detail are you able to share the format of the interview (group, one-on-one, multiple mini etc.?) 

• Like 1