2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest wildalaska

Submitted my supplemental application on May 1st, then CASPA on May 11th and was verified the same day. Received an "application complete" email on May 13th. Now a looooong summer of waiting ahead...

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my CASPA a week or so ago and planning to get started on the supplementals. This is definitely one of my top programs, I would be so stoked to go here! Just curious as to what y'all think my chances for getting an interview are:

BCP (38 credits): 3.84

Last 45: 4.0

Cumulative GPA: 3.21

PCE: 7700 hrs emt 

I just hope that my cumulative doesn't hinder me too much since I do have a strong upward trend. Best of luck to everyone else applying!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mariahdawn said:

Applied last year(super late), Resident of OR, Rejected without interview at the beginning of September! good luck everyone!

Hi! What do you consider super late? Since they are not rolling admissions I didn't think you were penalized for applying early or late as long as you submit before the deadline?!

On 7/29/2020 at 1:09 PM, bellarae2872 said:

Hi! What do you consider super late? Since they are not rolling admissions I didn't think you were penalized for applying early or late as long as you submit before the deadline?!

No I just decided to apply last min and rushed my application is all I meant! I literally finished my personal statement 1 day before the deadline and then submitted the day of!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I submitted my CASPA app, but I have not submitted the supplemental application yet. How do I know if my CASPA app was verified? I only got this.

Greetings from Pacific University!

We have received your CASPA application for Pacific University’s School of Physician Assistant Studies in Hillsboro, OR. We are excited to see that you are applying! We encourage you to review our website: www.pacificu.edu/pa. On there you will find information about our curriculum, videos of campus and ways you can learn more. I am happy to directly answer your questions at any time via email. While our office is working remotely due to COVID-19, we are not experiencing any delays in our responses or processing times. 

As of the date of this email, we have not received your Supplemental Application.  If you feel you have reached this message in error, please contact us directly by responding to this email. If you have submitted your Supplemental Application in the last 24 hours, we may not have matched it with your CASPA yet. If you do not receive a follow-up email in the next 48 hours, please reach out so we can troubleshoot with you.

The Supplemental Application is due on September 8, 2020 and is available by clicking here.  As stated on our website, we need to receive both the CASPA and our Supplemental for a complete application.

Please make sure you meet minimum criteria, including GPA minimums before submitting a Supplemental Application. We will not review any applications that do not meet minimum criteria. You can find Frequently Asked Questions on our website. 

Thank you for your interest in Pacific University’s School of Physician Assistant Studies program. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please feel free to email me at leahbaldwin@pacificu.edu.

Best Wishes,
Leah

Leah Baldwin
Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Programs Admissions
Graduate Admissions | Pacific University | 190 SE 8th Ave | Hillsboro, OR 97123
p: 503.352.7224 | f: 503.352.7290 | leahbaldwin@pacificu.edu

Guest wildalaska
3 minutes ago, las257 said:

I submitted my CASPA app, but I have not submitted the supplemental application yet. How do I know if my CASPA app was verified? I only got this.

If you log back into CASPA and click the tab that shows the programs you applied to, it will say “Verified” next to the program.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, las257 said:

Greetings from Pacific University!

We have received your CASPA application for Pacific University’s School of Physician Assistant Studies in Hillsboro, OR. We are excited to see that you are applying! We encourage you to review our website: www.pacificu.edu/pa. On there you will find information about our curriculum, videos of campus and ways you can learn more. I am happy to directly answer your questions at any time via email. While our office is working remotely due to COVID-19, we are not experiencing any delays in our responses or processing times. 

As of the date of this email, we have not received your Supplemental Application.  If you feel you have reached this message in error, please contact us directly by responding to this email. If you have submitted your Supplemental Application in the last 24 hours, we may not have matched it with your CASPA yet. If you do not receive a follow-up email in the next 48 hours, please reach out so we can troubleshoot with you.

The Supplemental Application is due on September 8, 2020 and is available by clicking here.  As stated on our website, we need to receive both the CASPA and our Supplemental for a complete application.

Please make sure you meet minimum criteria, including GPA minimums before submitting a Supplemental Application. We will not review any applications that do not meet minimum criteria. You can find Frequently Asked Questions on our website. 

Thank you for your interest in Pacific University’s School of Physician Assistant Studies program. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please feel free to email me at leahbaldwin@pacificu.edu.

Best Wishes,
Leah

Leah Baldwin
Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Programs Admissions
Graduate Admissions | Pacific University | 190 SE 8th Ave | Hillsboro, OR 97123
p: 503.352.7224 | f: 503.352.7290 | leahbaldwin@pacificu.edu

Do we know is it by midnight on the 8th or just it has to be sent in no later than the 8th?