2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, JG2018 said:

Hi all! I have my interview coming up and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed has any insight or advice about the faculty interview. Is it one on one or is it with a panel of faculty members? Any tips will be greatly appreciated 🙂

It is 2 faculty members, one is asking most of the questions meanwhile the other is recording what you say! 

13 hours ago, Lnm1296 said:

It is 2 faculty members, one is asking most of the questions meanwhile the other is recording what you say! 

Thank you so much for getting back to me! Would you have to be able to give any insight on how the interview went? Was it conversational or any thing that they asked that stood out to you? 

4 hours ago, JG2018 said:

Thank you so much for getting back to me! Would you have to be able to give any insight on how the interview went? Was it conversational or any thing that they asked that stood out to you? 

Definitely not conversational. It is very stoic in that they literally ask the same questions to everyone and that's it. You basically answer one question and they move to the next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csantos1794 said:

Definitely not conversational. It is very stoic in that they literally ask the same questions to everyone and that's it. You basically answer one question and they move to the next.

Oh boy definitely feeling nervous about my interview tomorrow! Are there any questions you can remember to help me more prepare? 😕

*Receives Email

Me: Oh cool, maybe I'm getting a status update!

Program: Why did you answer YES to questions about previous academic probation, and physical and mental diagnoses preventing work as PA?

Me: ...--Come again?? 🙃

Moral of the story: Quadruple check your apps before clicking submit.

Edited by jparra1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, memeg33 said:

I applied late May, confirmed June 1 and still have nothing! definitely losing some hope at this point but who knows

Don’t lose hope!!! It still seems like they may be working on applicants who applied in late May! No news is good news, right?! I feel I may have applied almost too late considering they are rolling. We will see! I will keep you updated if I hear anything. Good luck and keep having hope!!! 

2 hours ago, BeachBum7 said:

Don’t lose hope!!! It still seems like they may be working on applicants who applied in late May! No news is good news, right?! I feel I may have applied almost too late considering they are rolling. We will see! I will keep you updated if I hear anything. Good luck and keep having hope!!! 

I interviewed on 7/17 but haven't heard anything so I am keeping the "no news is good news" theory in there lol. Just frustrating because I would rather hear back about their decision with the application. They gave out a few acceptances from that interview date so just waiting to hear back about the rest.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, csantos1794 said:

I interviewed on 7/17 but haven't heard anything so I am keeping the "no news is good news" theory in there lol. Just frustrating because I would rather hear back about their decision with the application. They gave out a few acceptances from that interview date so just waiting to hear back about the rest.

I am wishing you all the luck!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...