2020-2021 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, emc2016 said:

Congratulations! If you dont mind me asking, when were you verified?

Thanks! I was verified on CASPA on 5/21 I believe. I paid for it on 5/19 so it was done like 1 or 2 days after. My app was received by Drexel and them notifying me of it on 5/26. Invited for an interview on 7/1.

Edited by csantos1794
  • Upvote 1

On 7/6/2020 at 9:18 PM, AlexisA said:

Hey I was at the June 29th interview, also! I am obsessively checking emails and this site too... Glad I'm not the only one! When I reviewed last year's some people heard back in just a couple weeks, so let's hope for a best case scenario. Lol, best of luck to you!! 

Hey if you don't mind me asking what was the interview format like? and was the writing section difficult? Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, chisomnazu said:

Hey if you don't mind me asking what was the interview format like? and was the writing section difficult? Thanks in advance 

As it was my first interview, I don’t have anything to base it off of but I thought it was pretty standard😊 Q&A with the director, 30 min interview with faculty, Q&A with current students! Writing section was very straightforward, nothing to panic over!

9 hours ago, AlexisA said:

As it was my first interview, I don’t have anything to base it off of but I thought it was pretty standard😊 Q&A with the director, 30 min interview with faculty, Q&A with current students! Writing section was very straightforward, nothing to panic over!

Ok... thank you

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, Emily5771 said:

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I've been invited for an interview. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! My stats aren't better than some of the previous postings on this thread, so I just have to believe there's a right fit for people for reasons we can't always figure out.

CASPA verified 5/14, confirmation email from Drexel 5/15, interview invite by email 6/22 for 6/29 (virtual).

Cum GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.81, PCE about 3300 as a surgical tech, lots of other HCE in administrative work, volunteer hours about 110 at a local free medical clinic, shadowing hours 20, letters from a PA, surgeon, and my operating room supervisor, bachelor's in biology (most pre-reqs were online), out of state applicant, took GRE score 306 & 5.0 writing but I don't think they care about that. Does that cover it? 🙂Will answer any other questions you have!

wow congrats !!! How was the interview? I have an interview for Drexel on friday !! but I am pretty anxious about this writing sample!

1 hour ago, cat1020 said:

wow congrats !!! How was the interview? I have an interview for Drexel on friday !! but I am pretty anxious about this writing sample!

Yay for you! Don't be anxious about the writing sample--you'll be able to answer the questions just fine. I would say same goes for the interview. My favorite part was definitely listening to the current students chat about the program. Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, cat1020 said:

2 minutes ago, Emily5771 said:

Yay for you! Don't be anxious about the writing sample--you'll be able to answer the questions just fine. I would say same goes for the interview. My favorite part was definitely listening to the current students chat about the program. Best of luck! 

I agree with Emily. Don't be nervous! They purely want to get to know you, and each faculty member/student easily conveyed that. It was a fun, though nerve-wracking day. If you understand the role of the PA, and do your research about the program, you will be fine. Good luck!

43 minutes ago, JHHay30 said:

I agree with Emily. Don't be nervous! They purely want to get to know you, and each faculty member/student easily conveyed that. It was a fun, though nerve-wracking day. If you understand the role of the PA, and do your research about the program, you will be fine. Good luck!

thank you guys !!! 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qalabi331 said:

Wow! It seems like you’ve all applied in May lol! I applied the end of June so I’m assuming I won’t hear anything back until late August? Did anyone else apply in June and hear back anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, I submitted late June. Got a confirmation on 6/26. haven't heart anything since. Hopefully it will at least be early August!

3 hours ago, Qalabi331 said:

I hope so too because this waiting game is a whole another patience lol! Keep me posted and I'll do the same 🙂 

6 hours ago, Qalabi331 said:

Wow! It seems like you’ve all applied in May lol! I applied the end of June so I’m assuming I won’t hear anything back until late August? Did anyone else apply in June and hear back anything?

I applied July 1st, was verified July 8th and on July 9th received verification that my app is under review. Hoping by August we hear something! 

1 hour ago, Qalabi331 said:

I hope so too! I’ll keep you posted if I hear back from them. Please do the same.

Hello! I was verified in May and I received the confirmation email, but that was it. I will update you guys on this forum if I hear something! 🙂 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ramisc8 said:

Im sorry to hear that! By chance, when did you complete your application? and did the committee give you specific reasons why they rejected you?

Application completed on 6/16! And not, I was not given a reason but I am sure it was due to low PCE and other experiences as I am only going into my senior year of undergrad. Best of luck to everyone applying!

1 hour ago, Shanmac28 said:

Does anyone know who attended the June 29th interview when we will hear back?

Ive heard 4-6 weeks to several months, but last year it looks like some applicants heard back a little earlier than 4 weeks! I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for a response around Friday or next Monday, but who knows😊 Best of luck and fingers crossed!

Edited by AlexisA
  • Like 2