Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Joemonkey said:

When did you apply?

CASPA submitted May 19th, CASPA verified May 20th, Drexel confirmed receipt of app May 20th.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted 5/19, Verified 5/20, Confirmation email 5/20, and Interview Invite received tonight (7/1)! Good luck to everyone!

Stats: 3.8 sGPA, 3.9 cGPA, 1020 PCH, 100 shadowing, 100 volunteer, Division 1 Athlete, and president of 2 clubs.

^Hope this helps!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an interview!!! So excited!! Can someone who has had an interview explain more about the writing section?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarahnPA said:

Received an interview!!! So excited!! Can someone who has had an interview explain more about the writing section?

Congratulations on your interview! Do you mind sharing when you were verified? Good Luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an interview invite for 7/17 yesterday!

Drexel sent the email of receiving my application on 5/19. 

I know that sharing this info has helped me a lot with my expectations for other schools....hopes this helps someone else....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PA95050 said:

Congratulations on your interview! Do you mind sharing when you were verified? Good Luck 

Thank you! I was verified the end of may

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone struggling with doubt or fear, just remember that stats and numbers are just LOOSE FRAMEWORKS by which applications are gauged, they are not the law. This site, and others like it, should help to inform you and your application process, but should not serve to set a bar by which to judge yourself or others. We will all end up where we need to be, we just need to trust the process! 🙂 

  • Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

For anyone struggling with doubt or fear, just remember that stats and numbers are just LOOSE FRAMEWORKS by which applications are gauged, they are not the law. This site, and others like it, should help to inform you and your application process, but should not serve to set a bar by which to judge yourself or others. We will all end up where we need to be, we just need to trust the process! 🙂 

Ugh so needed to hear this right now. I've received one rejection and heard nothing else from any of my 11 other schools 🙈

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, paigeinabook95 said:

Ugh so needed to hear this right now. I've received one rejection and heard nothing else from any of my 11 other schools 🙈

That one rejection was THEIR loss. You've got 11 more chances to go and you only need ONE to say yes! Keep your chin up and stay strong -- in 3 years time you'll be a PA-C and, in retrospect, that rejection won't have meant a thing.

Edited by jparra1
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, paigeinabook95 said:

Ugh so needed to hear this right now. I've received one rejection and heard nothing else from any of my 11 other schools 🙈

I’m in the same exact boat!! everyone keeps telling me if it’s meant to be it’ll be, but it’s hard to keep thinking that way 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jparra1 said:

That one rejection was THEIR loss. You've got 11 more chances to go and you only need ONE to say yes! Keep your chin up and stay strong -- in 3 years time you'll be a PA-C and, in retrospect, that rejection won't have meant a thing.

Can I say, I LOVE the supportive nature of this website. Good job, everybody and keep positive ❤️ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, jparra1 said:

I don't think you can add in progress or planned courses after submitting apps but you can edit them! So if you add something you end up not doing or doing somewhere else, you can edit/remove it but you can't add courses later.

I wish I knew this before !!! I totally thought it was the other way around. 😞 Too late now. Was planning to retake/renew an old class in the Fall but didn't know if I was going to get in. It is what it is I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jparra1 said:

That one rejection was THEIR loss. You've got 11 more chances to go and you only need ONE to say yes! Keep your chin up and stay strong -- in 3 years time you'll be a PA-C and, in retrospect, that rejection won't have meant a thing.

Thank you so much 😊 trying to keep a positive attitude and just wait patiently--what's meant to be will be. Good luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any interviewees have an idea of when we could possibly hear back from Drexel? I know the woman in admissions said there was a possibility of an earlier acceptance, but just wondering what your thoughts are on how soon that could be? 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexisA said:

Any interviewees have an idea of when we could possibly hear back from Drexel? I know the woman in admissions said there was a possibility of an earlier acceptance, but just wondering what your thoughts are on how soon that could be? 🙂 

Hey! I was at the June 29th interview.  It seems that most years it was roughly a month to hear back, but that still doesn't stop me from checking my emails and this site 24/7 lol.

Edited by JHHay30
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JHHay30 said:

Hey! I was at the June 29th interview.  It seems that most years it was roughly a month to hear back, but that still doesn't stop me from checking my emails and this site 24/7 lol.

Hey I was at the June 29th interview, also! I am obsessively checking emails and this site too... Glad I'm not the only one! When I reviewed last year's some people heard back in just a couple weeks, so let's hope for a best case scenario. Lol, best of luck to you!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an interview yesterday for 7/17 - i applied end of May so don’t think you’re out yet! No news is better than bad news

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Received an interview yesterday for 7/17 - i applied end of May so don’t think you’re out yet! No news is better than bad news

Would you mind sharing when Drexel received your application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ferdy said:


Would you mind sharing when Drexel received your application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5/26 i got an email from them confirming my app, i sent it out 5/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5/26 i got an email from them confirming my app, i sent it out 5/20

Thank you! I received the same confirmation email the same day so fingers crossed..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ferdy said:


Thank you! I received the same confirmation email the same day so fingers crossed..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More