2020-2021 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, Emily5771 said:

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I've been invited for an interview. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! My stats aren't better than some of the previous postings on this thread, so I just have to believe there's a right fit for people for reasons we can't always figure out.

CASPA verified 5/14, confirmation email from Drexel 5/15, interview invite by email 6/22 for 6/29 (virtual).

Cum GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.81, PCE about 3300 as a surgical tech, lots of other HCE in administrative work, volunteer hours about 110 at a local free medical clinic, shadowing hours 20, letters from a PA, surgeon, and my operating room supervisor, bachelor's in biology (most pre-reqs were online), out of state applicant, took GRE score 306 & 5.0 writing but I don't think they care about that. Does that cover it? 🙂Will answer any other questions you have!

that's amazing!! I have very similar stats and was verified/confirmed on the same timeline, so fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

Hey guys! I am happy to say that I received an interview invitation from Drexel today. I wish everybody the best of luck as this process begins. For anyone curious, I submitted my application on May 18th and received confirmation of receipt on May 19th. I submitted my application with 3000 hours as a surgical technologist, 75 hours of shadowing (ER PAs, Family Practice PAs, Occupational Health PA, and one optometrist), 50 volunteer hours, 60 research hours,  and 30 leadership hours. 3.88 cGPA and 3.84 sGPA. 5 letters of recommendation from a PA, OR supervisor, 2 professors, and 1 physician. Remain patient and optimistic in these coming weeks, and best of luck to those still waiting!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

Hey guys! I am happy to say that I received an interview invitation from Drexel today. I wish everybody the best of luck as this process begins. For anyone curious, I submitted my application on May 18th and received confirmation of receipt on May 19th. I submitted my application with 3000 hours as a surgical technologist, 75 hours of shadowing (ER PAs, Family Practice PAs, Occupational Health PA, and one optometrist), 50 volunteer hours, 60 research hours,  and 30 leadership hours. 3.88 cGPA and 3.84 sGPA. 5 letters of recommendation from a PA, OR supervisor, 2 professors, and 1 physician. Remain patient and optimistic in these coming weeks, and best of luck to those still waiting!

Good luck fellow surgical tech! Hope to see you in a future life as a PA!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shanmac28 said:

I received an invitation to interview for the July 29th date, I was wondering if anyone had also received an interview or has had an experience with their interview process prior to this year?

Congratulations! When did Drexel confirm receipt of your application?  and did you receive the interview invite today?

On 6/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, Shanmac28 said:

I received an invitation to interview for the July 29th date, I was wondering if anyone had also received an interview or has had an experience with their interview process prior to this year?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

4 hours ago, PA95050 said:

Can anyone who has received an interview invite let me know if it is an all day event or how long the interview is? Do they give you different dates to choose from or is the date already assigned? Thanks

Hi! The date was just assigned to me, no other options provided. It's basically an all day event, 8:00am-6:00pm EDT. However, based on your specific interview time you may have breaks in between and the Q & A at the end of the day may finish early. The day starts with a 30 minute writing assignment (they said nothing to panic about), then an introduction with the program director, your assigned 30 minute interview with two faculty members, then a Q & A with current students.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emily5771 said:

Hi! The date was just assigned to me, no other options provided. It's basically an all day event, 8:00am-6:00pm EDT. However, based on your specific interview time you may have breaks in between and the Q & A at the end of the day may finish early. The day starts with a 30 minute writing assignment (they said nothing to panic about), then an introduction with the program director, your assigned 30 minute interview with two faculty members, then a Q & A with current students.

Thank you very much for the detailed information. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, Emily5771 said:

So they are holding in-person interviews?! A lot of schools are holding them on Zoom

Guest wildalaska
5 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

Am I the only one who now hates weekends because it means we won’t hear back from programs?!?

I'm right there with you!!