2020-2021 Application Cycle

27 minutes ago, PA95050 said:

Did either of you ask them if they can tell you why? You both have good stats and being that it is so early that seems strange.

I did, they were basically like “we don’t want u, get over it, k. bye!” so that was that lmao. It is comforting that others with similar/better stats are getting rejected because I was really thinking my application had something questionable on it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Imani said:

I did, they were basically like “we don’t want u, get over it, k. bye!” so that was that lmao. It is comforting that others with similar/better stats are getting rejected because I was really thinking my application had something questionable on it. 

Wow, I am so sorry! Good luck keep faith and stay strong, I am sure you will get in somewhere.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DelaneyR44 said:

This exact same thing happened to me today and I was really worried! I have a 3.7 science GPA with 50+ credits and 1300 hours as an ED tech in a trauma center. 3 LORs from an MD, a PA and a PhD I've worked with. I've completed all my prereqs. Maybe they just got a lot of applications but it seemed very soon to be rejected. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:26 AM, Imani said:

Yes! I’m very confused myself. I just hope I can figure out why they rejected me so quick, I’m paranoid I have a huge red flag on my application lmao 

Curious on your full stats besides just GPA and PCH. How many hours shadowing? Volunteering? Research? History of giving back to underserved?

5 hours ago, perkprepa123 said:

Curious on your full stats besides just GPA and PCH. How many hours shadowing? Volunteering? Research? History of giving back to underserved?

Not sure if it'll help but I can tell you if you really want to know! I had about 50 hours shadowing in ortho and urgent care (lots got canceled due to Corona). I'm 30 and have been volunteering my whole life, all with underserved communities, lots abroad... I think I put a few thousand hours on my app. I have a master's so I did a research thesis as part of that but have never done medical research. One weakness of my application is that I took several prereqs online... it says they accept that but maybe they decided they'd rather not. 

They're probably looking for something specific but at least the rest of you made it past the first cut! Good luck! 

1 hour ago, DelaneyR44 said:

Not sure if it'll help but I can tell you if you really want to know! I had about 50 hours shadowing in ortho and urgent care (lots got canceled due to Corona). I'm 30 and have been volunteering my whole life, all with underserved communities, lots abroad... I think I put a few thousand hours on my app. I have a master's so I did a research thesis as part of that but have never done medical research. One weakness of my application is that I took several prereqs online... it says they accept that but maybe they decided they'd rather not. 

They're probably looking for something specific but at least the rest of you made it past the first cut! Good luck! 

First, I am sorry to hear this. Your stats are really good which makes me very nervous. I am not sure if we have made it through the first cut. It depends on timing. Do you mind letting me know when you were verified and when you heard back from them. I have not heard anything. Thanks and good luck with the rest of your schools. 

17 hours ago, PA95050 said:

First, I am sorry to hear this. Your stats are really good which makes me very nervous. I am not sure if we have made it through the first cut. It depends on timing. Do you mind letting me know when you were verified and when you heard back from them. I have not heard anything. Thanks and good luck with the rest of your schools. 

Verified 5/27

Received 5/27

Rejected 6/8

I did ask for feedback and they didn't give me any (though I did have a dream that they did and it was very confusing haha), just reiterated that I wasn't selected for an interview. Again, don't be nervous, and good luck! These things work out how they are supposed to. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, pathtopas said:

Just received a rejection email. Honestly a little surprised given I have a strong GPA and a fair amount of PCE. Good luck to everyone still in the running! 

Keep your chin up! Things have a way of working out and just because one school was not for you does not mean you won't be a first pick for another 🙂 Sorry to hear about the rejection, though!

• Like 4

Hi everyone! I’m about to submit my app for a few other schools before Drexel. I am missing genetics as a prerequisite for them and I know it needs to be listed as planned or Drexel won’t review my app. My question is can I submit and get verified for other schools, then add genetics to my coursework and submit to Drexel? I’m not sure where I’ll be taking the class yet, but would like to apply to other programs I have all the prerequisites for now! Thanks in advance 🙂

4 hours ago, davis5an said:

Hi everyone! I’m about to submit my app for a few other schools before Drexel. I am missing genetics as a prerequisite for them and I know it needs to be listed as planned or Drexel won’t review my app. My question is can I submit and get verified for other schools, then add genetics to my coursework and submit to Drexel? I’m not sure where I’ll be taking the class yet, but would like to apply to other programs I have all the prerequisites for now! Thanks in advance 🙂

From my understanding. When you go to submit there’s a section where you can click and individually add the schools you wish to pay and submit for at that moment without affecting the others. The rest will sit there until you decide to submit. Hope this helps and best of luck! 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 1:09 PM, davis5an said:

I don't think you can add in progress or planned courses after submitting apps but you can edit them! So if you add something you end up not doing or doing somewhere else, you can edit/remove it but you can't add courses later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PA95050 said:

Has anyone received an interview invite? Or do you know when they plan to send them out?

Not yet! I think they will be sending interviews out in the next few weeks... Last year they had already sent some IIs out by this time, but I think COVID is changing timelines. We have to stay patient and positive!!

• Like 7

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I've been invited for an interview. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! My stats aren't better than some of the previous postings on this thread, so I just have to believe there's a right fit for people for reasons we can't always figure out.

CASPA verified 5/14, confirmation email from Drexel 5/15, interview invite by email 6/22 for 6/29 (virtual).

Cum GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.81, PCE about 3300 as a surgical tech, lots of other HCE in administrative work, volunteer hours about 110 at a local free medical clinic, shadowing hours 20, letters from a PA, surgeon, and my operating room supervisor, bachelor's in biology (most pre-reqs were online), out of state applicant, took GRE score 306 & 5.0 writing but I don't think they care about that. Does that cover it? 🙂Will answer any other questions you have!

Edited by Emily5771
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I've been invited for an interview. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! My stats aren't better than some of the previous postings on this thread, so I just have to believe there's a right fit for people for reasons we can't always figure out.
CASPA verified 5/14, confirmation email from Drexel 5/15, interview invite by email 6/22 for 6/29 (virtual).
Cum GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.81, PCE about 3300 as a surgical tech, lots of other HCE in administrative work, volunteer hours about 110 at a local free medical clinic, shadowing hours 20, letters from a PA, surgeon, and my operating room supervisor, bachelor's in biology, out of state applicant. Does that cover it? [emoji846]Will answer any other questions you have!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Emily5771 said:

Cum GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.81, PCE about 3300 as a surgical tech, lots of other HCE in administrative work, volunteer hours about 110 at a local free medical clinic, shadowing hours 20, letters from a PA, surgeon, and my operating room supervisor, bachelor's in biology (most pre-reqs were online), out of state applicant, took GRE score 306 & 5.0 writing but I don't think they care about that. Does that cover it? 🙂Will answer any other questions you have!

congrats! wow your interview is so soon, good luck!! 🤗

• Like 1