2020-2021 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, Fariba said:

Congrats. I have my interview in a week. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to prepare? Also how long was the actual interview itself? Thank you in advance!! 

Thank you! And just be yourself don’t be a robot, do your research on the school and program itself. And it was 30 minutes, you meet with the program director, interview then q&a with students. 

• Like 1

Hi there! I’m comparing a few programs and was wondering: 

1) Does anyone know whether or not Drexel offers medical mission trips to the PA students? 

2) What level of dissection do PA students do on the cadavers? I can’t quite remember, and I forgot to write it down during the interview but I’m pretty sure they either said they do partial or that it was all virtual? If so, what does this mean? 

Thank you!

Hey everyone! Good luck to all of you on all of your applications and interviews! I submitted my CASPA on 6/8, and it was verified 6/12. On 6/12 I also got an email from Drexel confirming my app was received. After that, it was almost 4 months of silence before I got an email on 10/5 offering me an interview on 10/19! I will post some of my stats in case anyone finds it useful!

GRE - 154 verbal, 155 quant, 4.0 analytical

overall GPA 3.51, science GPA 3.39

8000+ hours of patient contact as a civilian EMT and army medic

5 LOR - one PA, one NP, one nursing manager, one MD, and one former manager

• Like 2

Guest wildalaska

Just received an email for an interview invitation for November 6, 2020. I will be declining as I have already been accepted to my top choice. Best of luck to everyone else interviewing and congratulations to those accepted!

My CASPA was verified on May 11th, and I applied to Drexel on June 11th. This is the first I've heard from them since then!

On 10/14/2020 at 6:14 AM, wildalaska said:

Just received an email for an interview invitation for November 6, 2020. I will be declining as I have already been accepted to my top choice. Best of luck to everyone else interviewing and congratulations to those accepted!

My CASPA was verified on May 11th, and I applied to Drexel on June 11th. This is the first I've heard from them since then!

May I ask where you got accepted?

On 10/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, eca246 said:

Hi there! I’m comparing a few programs and was wondering: 

1) Does anyone know whether or not Drexel offers medical mission trips to the PA students? 

2) What level of dissection do PA students do on the cadavers? I can’t quite remember, and I forgot to write it down during the interview but I’m pretty sure they either said they do partial or that it was all virtual? If so, what does this mean? 

Thank you!

Hey there! I took some notes down during the student session so I can help you out.

1) Drexel does offer medical mission trips to Honduras from what I remember. I think it happens between the didactic and clinical year, not sure when.

2) I believe the program does not have students the dissection themselves. I think the cadavers are already dissected for students. I don't remember specifically what they said though so I may be wrong but I remember hearing that students don't really do much dissecting for cadavers

6 hours ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

Interviewing 11/6!!! To anyone who's worried, I got this invite 2 days ago and I literally hadn't heard anything since submitting the end of June.

3.66 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 157/158/4.5 GRE, ~3500 PCE, ~600 HCE, ~800 volunteer hours

I appreciate that. I submitted later than I had wanted and feel it was too close to the deadline. Does anyone know how far out they are going to interview for?

Edited by Reyyy

On 10/15/2020 at 6:43 PM, amandatopa said:

Hey there! I took some notes down during the student session so I can help you out.

1) Drexel does offer medical mission trips to Honduras from what I remember. I think it happens between the didactic and clinical year, not sure when.

2) I believe the program does not have students the dissection themselves. I think the cadavers are already dissected for students. I don't remember specifically what they said though so I may be wrong but I remember hearing that students don't really do much dissecting for cadavers

Thank you for your help! I was able to contact one of the current students from the Q&A session and she said that Drexel does “prosections” in person but right now they are just using the Complete Anatomy App due to covid 🙂 

• Like 2