Rocky Vista University Colorado 2020-2021 Cycle

On 1/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, LaurenG98 said:

Hey!

I'm hoping to apply to Rocky Vista this coming admissions cycle. Does anyone have any insight about the format of the interview? I suppose it's never too early to start preparing.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted/waitlisted. I'm excited to follow in all of your footsteps soon (hopefully!).

So, honestly, I really have no idea why they chose me over someone else.  My grades and scores and history are all good, but I doubt much different than anyone else's - and I didn't think my interview went superbly (I would give myself a B- on the interview whereas at another school I gave myself an A).  I therefore only have speculation but I didn't want your post to go unanswered.  So with that here's what I would say:

- i didn't take the PCAT and it didn't matter and never came up.  that said, next year may be different.  i didn't take it because i spent time on other things (e.g. the application and studying for the GRE).  if i hadn't gotten into a school this cycle, then i would have spent the time studying and taking the PCAT for next cycle

- i would recommend knowing why you want to go to school there.  that may be the one thing i did right in my interview.  i had attended an info session the previous year (when it was in-person) and so knew exactly why i wanted to go to school at RVU - mainly because they're a DO school

- maybe think of the 3-5 best stories from work/school/life and have them kind of preloaded.  you can answer almost any question in an interview with your best 3-5 stories and then rather than just answering the question, you can represent yourself - which is ultimately the goal of both sides of the interview table.  this was my biggest mistake in my interview.  it was my first interview and i wanted to answer their questions - which I did, however, i didn't feel like the answers i gave for those particular questions were really the best answers to represent myself and who i am and all that.  i was pretty upset about it afterwards because if i got rejected, i wanted it to be because they were looking for something/someone else - not because they were looking for me but didn't realize i was it, because my answers didn't give them that info.  so anyway, i would think of maybe 3-5 stories that represent who you are and prepare how to give those stories in answers to various (but all similar) questions.  so like..."what's a time you were wrong" or "when was a time you dealt with pressure" or whatever - almost all of the questions are really the same/similar question and can be answered with a small range or stories

- i'm sure you've heard this 100x already but i would recommend just being yourself.  for many many reasons.  be you

my 2cents anyway

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, LaurenG98 said:

Hey!

I'm hoping to apply to Rocky Vista this coming admissions cycle. Does anyone have any insight about the format of the interview? I suppose it's never too early to start preparing.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted/waitlisted. I'm excited to follow in all of your footsteps soon (hopefully!).

I don't feel like any of us can speak on this, because our interviews were virtual... It might be different for you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...