Rocky Vista University Colorado 2020-2021 Cycle

15 hours ago, sel39 said:

I have an interview scheduled but the email confirmation doesn’t include the time zone. I’m assuming it’s MST? I live in a different time zone. It’s just listed as the PM session and I need to log in at 11:30am. No time zone specified 

I would assume that the time is MST as that is where the school is. But I'd email just to make sure if I were you. When is your interview and when did you submitted and get verified? 

On 9/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, sel39 said:

I have an interview scheduled but the email confirmation doesn’t include the time zone. I’m assuming it’s MST? I live in a different time zone. It’s just listed as the PM session and I need to log in at 11:30am. No time zone specified 

Hi there! I interviewed last Friday, and you are correct it is 11:30MST. Best of luck!

So I finally got my PA-CAT scores back, and I had them sent RVU and emailed them to let then know. I was told I should enter them into CASPA but there is no location on the application to enter it, plus since I'm already verified would that screw up my application, or would it just send the updated application with scores to the schools I applied to?

7 minutes ago, Raltrich said:

So I finally got my PA-CAT scores back, and I had them sent RVU and emailed them to let then know. I was told I should enter them into CASPA but there is no location on the application to enter it, plus since I'm already verified would that screw up my application, or would it just send the updated application with scores to the schools I applied to?

im not a CASPA expert but you should be able to enter the scores.  best move would be to do the Live Chat with CASPA and make sure u know the process - ive found their Live Chat to be pretty good

29 minutes ago, MeghanPA7 said:

Does anyone know when RVU would gain their accreditation-continued status? If they graduate their first class this fall, I think it would be in the spring right? Is it risky to go to a provisional program? 

No, I do not think it matters. As long as they have accreditation. The provisional status still means you will get a degree like any other school. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't heard anything. Probably assuming that I'm not getting an invite. Which honestly irritates me a bit seeing as I went out of my way to take the PA-CAT and I killed it, which I kind of hoped would give me an edge. I know that comes off as snotty but if I don't get any invites soon I'm gonna have to figure out what exactly I was missing and honestly I don't know at this point. 

Had the interview today!  I'm not 100% sure what all would be off-limits to talk about, so I'm going to stay way way away from talking about anything specific. 

Some things that may be helpful...

- They will send you information about the interview once you accept the invite.  So you will have an idea about the structure and such before you go in

- I would recommend a computer rather than iPad or phone for the interview.  I was not always able to see everyone on the iPad screen

- There are many more interview cycles to come; they had a very large number of applicants.  I don't know their process but I would guess (speculation) there will still be more invites going out.  With the number of applicants they reported, I mean geeeeez... that's an incredible amount of work for them to go through and it isn't a huge school.  So hang tight.  For the record I paid my supplemental fee August 18th, was invited for interview October 1st, and did the interview October 9th.  I am not sure if those dates are indicative of future timeline, but I know we all like to hang on to every morsel of information

- I can confirm that all the staff was very nice and I would predict you will like them all.  So I wouldn't be nervous about encountering a 'meany' or anything like that

On a personal note...

- It was my first interview and this is about the time I am cycling back through it all and second guessing all my answers.  If I could to do it again, I would think of my top 2 or 3 most important stories/experiences/etc and make sure to find a place to get them in.  I'm really kicking myself over that because even driving away I was thinking 'omg why didn't I talk about THAT encounter, THAT story, THAT thing...'

- Since RVU is my top choice, I scheduled their interview to take place before my other school's interview.  The thinking was that if I was accepted that I would withdraw from the other interview to allow someone else to have the spot.  In hindsight, I really really wish I had done the opposite - though maybe that's just a selfish thing to think, I dunno.  I think I am going to do better at my 2nd interview than my first, based on this experience.  So it may be something you want to consider when scheduling your interviews if you applied to multiple schools

Also...

- If any of the applicants from the 11:30AM today slot would like to contact me, maybe send me a message here and we can connect that way.  I really enjoyed the group and would like to stay in touch and see where everyone ends up, see how school is going later, or talk about the interview from today or whatever.  I was in the light colored shirt and light colored tie that may not have matched, and on iPad, in a library, in Colorado (in my defense I was going to wear scrubs)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Had the interview today!  I'm not 100% sure what all would be off-limits to talk about, so I'm going to stay way way away from talking about anything specific. 

Some things that may be helpful...

- They will send you information about the interview once you accept the invite.  So you will have an idea about the structure and such before you go in

- I would recommend a computer rather than iPad or phone for the interview.  I was not always able to see everyone on the iPad screen

- There are many more interview cycles to come; they had a very large number of applicants.  I don't know their process but I would guess (speculation) there will still be more invites going out.  With the number of applicants they reported, I mean geeeeez... that's an incredible amount of work for them to go through and it isn't a huge school.  So hang tight.  For the record I paid my supplemental fee August 18th, was invited for interview October 1st, and did the interview October 9th.  I am not sure if those dates are indicative of future timeline, but I know we all like to hang on to every morsel of information

- I can confirm that all the staff was very nice and I would predict you will like them all.  So I wouldn't be nervous about encountering a 'meany' or anything like that

On a personal note...

- It was my first interview and this is about the time I am cycling back through it all and second guessing all my answers.  If I could to do it again, I would think of my top 2 or 3 most important stories/experiences/etc and make sure to find a place to get them in.  I'm really kicking myself over that because even driving away I was thinking 'omg why didn't I talk about THAT encounter, THAT story, THAT thing...'

- Since RVU is my top choice, I scheduled their interview to take place before my other school's interview.  The thinking was that if I was accepted that I would withdraw from the other interview to allow someone else to have the spot.  In hindsight, I really really wish I had done the opposite - though maybe that's just a selfish thing to think, I dunno.  I think I am going to do better at my 2nd interview than my first, based on this experience.  So it may be something you want to consider when scheduling your interviews if you applied to multiple schools

Also...

- If any of the applicants from the 11:30AM today slot would like to contact me, maybe send me a message here and we can connect that way.  I really enjoyed the group and would like to stay in touch and see where everyone ends up, see how school is going later, or talk about the interview from today or whatever.  I was in the light colored shirt and light colored tie that may not have matched, and on iPad, in a library, in Colorado (in my defense I was going to wear scrubs)

That's really sweet of you to share you interview experience with everyone. I hope they offer you a spot! Did they discuss any of the issues that they've had with clinical sites as someone on this thread mentioned before? I really loved this school after their information session, but I'm a little spooked by the comment about their struggle with clinical sites.

29 minutes ago, futurepastudent111 said:

That's really sweet of you to share you interview experience with everyone. I hope they offer you a spot! Did they discuss any of the issues that they've had with clinical sites as someone on this thread mentioned before? I really loved this school after their information session, but I'm a little spooked by the comment about their struggle with clinical sites.

They sounded pretty optimistic about clinical sites. They even said they pay for housing if the clinical sites are over a certain distance away (50 miles i think). I think it was definitely something they are trying to work on more. Which makes sense being a new school and all. I wouldn't let it detour you from this school. 

4 hours ago, futurepastudent111 said:

I hope they offer a spot too!

My takeaway was that clinical sites wouldn’t be an issue.  As Zack said (hi Zack! if youre the Zack from yesterday) I wouldn’t let that deter you if RVU is otherwise the one for you

Edited by Ambrose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ambrose said:

I hope they offer a spot too!

My takeaway was that clinical sites wouldn’t be an issue.  As Zack said (hi Zack! if youre the Zack from yesterday) I wouldn’t let that deter you if RVU is otherwise the one for you

Hey! I think i was the only Zack.. haha hope our whole group gets in! would not mind it one bit.

5 hours ago, husna97 said:

I got an invite too, which surprised me because i thought id get rejected! My GRE was 296 and everyone on this page had something more than 300 haha. So dont give up! I submitted in June and got an interview invite for 11/6 2 days ago. 

Thank you for sharing! My GRE is around that also and I applied early May and still haven’t heard anything but gonna keep the hope alive still!