Rocky Vista University Colorado 2020-2021 Cycle

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this question for me....

I was planning on retaking A&P 1&2 for a refresher. But since submitting caspa, I have decided to instead take the advanced anatomy and phys. I changed it in caspa, but should I also email the school and update them of this change? I'm not sure they'll really care because it's a higher level anyway, but what do you all think? 

On 8/5/2020 at 7:05 PM, hannahczaj said:

Im wondering the same thing - my app was received by them 5/19

I applied in late May/early June and haven’t heard anything from them. I’m wondering if I should send an email with PCE, volunteer, and shadowing updates (not super significant to report) but just to see if my application is under review. I assume it is. I don’t want to bother them unnecessarily though.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, taylorfelix said:

I applied in late May/early June and haven’t heard anything from them. I’m wondering if I should send an email with PCE, volunteer, and shadowing updates (not super significant to report) but just to see if my application is under review. I assume it is. I don’t want to bother them unnecessarily though.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Meco16 said:

to those wondering the same as me... i emailed and got a response that said my app was under review and interview invites will be sent out from now till October. She also said it is possible to not hear anything at all until all interviews are done. 

This school loves to ghost people. They say that "you'll receive news one way or the other" but there were many of us last cycle who didn't. Silent rejection is a very real thing. Can't grab students' cash as easily if they know people are being rejected.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, htb13a said:

This school loves to ghost people. They say that "you'll receive news one way or the other" but there were many of us last cycle who didn't. Silent rejection is a very real thing. Can't grab students' cash as easily if they know people are being rejected.

I went ahead and emailed to ask for a status update and got the same response as above. I’m sorry that happened to you. Did you apply again this cycle to decide not to based on the way the communication was done last cycle? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, htb13a said:

That is so disappointing to hear. Im sorry that happened, but thank you for sharing your experience. Just another piece of info for applicants... a couple weeks ago I met a current student who is in clinicals and they said the way the program has handled clinical stuff has been pretty awful because clinic sites prefer UC due to longstanding history so its been incredibly hard for them to get placed. They said the didactic semesters were great and the staff was great though. Something to think about if anyone gets an acceptance and is trying to decide between schools. Im not sure how they are addressing that question in interviews this year but can only hope they are being honest about their program and how they are working out kinks. Sounds like they may not be those kinds of people though. 

Edited by Meco16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Meco16 said:

That is so disappointing to hear. Im sorry that happened, but thank you for sharing your experience. Just another piece of info for applicants... a couple weeks ago I met a current student who is in clinicals and they said the way the program has handled clinical stuff has been pretty awful because clinic sites prefer UC due to longstanding history so its been incredibly hard for them to get placed. They said the didactic semesters were great and the staff was great though. Something to think about if anyone gets an acceptance and is trying to decide between schools. Im not sure how they are addressing that question in interviews this year but can only hope they are being honest about their program and how they are working out kinks. Sounds like they may not be those kinds of people though. 

Oh wow that's not good to hear about the clinicals. This would definitely be something to bring up in an interview to know how they're rectifying the situation. I would of thought by now with a few years under their belt there would be more established connections to the community for rotations. Hopefully the early interviewees can share their interview experience and questions they asked the program.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, htb13a said:

the very reason I felt and avoided from applying to that school, they try to sound appealing esp. on the phone but.............just opposite. 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:29 AM, taylorfelix said:

I went ahead and emailed to ask for a status update and got the same response as above. I’m sorry that happened to you. Did you apply again this cycle to decide not to based on the way the communication was done last cycle? 

I applied again solely for the reason that my Fiance is in med school in Denver. If I get into anschutz I'll skip RVU, but I don't want to leave town if I can help it. So, I applied to most of them in CO.  

On 6/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, Emilyrae said:

4,000 hours PCE, 3.65 science gpa, probs 200 shadowing hours, and 100 volunteer hours. - I also interviewed at RVU last year and didn’t get accept, don’t give up on your dreams!! Round two lol

Did you take the PA-CAT? Or do you know if you were offered an interview already if they would still recommend taking it?

On 8/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, htb13a said:

SO many schools ghost people though. It's so frustrating. But I feel like I've already been silently rejected by about 3 of my schools. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, RueRue95 said:

Did you take the PA-CAT? Or do you know if you were offered an interview already if they would still recommend taking it?

I did not take it and got my interview. It’s up to you, personally I felt my application was pretty strong without it but it’s your call. However it’s getting closer to those deadlines and if you haven’t started studying yet I would probably submit earlier rather than take it and wait! Best of luck 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ifrons said:

For those interviewing, I live out of state and the interview states that I should log on at 11:30, I want to make sure I don't mess this up, but is it safe to assume that the interview will be in Mountain Standard Time?

I emailed them to confirm this since I am also out of state, and yes it is MST!

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the dates that were listed for interviews?  I’m trying to plan something for October, but I don’t want schedule during the time they are doing interviews (I’m still holding on to hope that I will get one). We’re there several dates? Different days of the week? Different weeks? 

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the dates that were listed for interviews?  I’m trying to plan something for October, but I don’t want schedule during the time they are doing interviews (I’m still holding on to hope that I will get one). We’re there several dates? Different days of the week? Different weeks? 

The options were all Fridays: 10/9, 10/16, and 10/24.

3 hours ago, megmer said:

Oh awesome, thank you!  I’m curious with it being virtual this year, did they give details about how it would go?  I can imagine that when the interview are in person they could be all day or a good chunk of the day, but how do they do all the different interview components virtually?  
I was really hoping COVID would be a thing of the past by interview time because I really enjoy meeting people in person. But, I guess I’m going to have to get used to this virtual business 

9 hours ago, megmer said:

There are two more interviews that you missed listing: 9/11, and 9/15— my interview date which is a Tuesday. Their interviews seem like it will only last half a day as both AM and early afternoon slots were available for each date, if I remember correctly. I am in the AM session beginning at 8AM mountain time. 

12 hours ago, MD1997 said:

Has anyone interviewed yet? I know we have to sign a disclosure form so we cant say much regarding the interview, but did anything happen that caught you off guard? Or was it rather laid back and comfortable?

I think I’m in the first interview group on Friday. I got the itinerary and it seems pretty strait forward. I interviewed at RVU last year as well and it was very much get to know you, pretty laid back, actually a great experience. Good luck!

• Like 3