Rocky Vista University Colorado 2020-2021 Cycle

2 hours ago, Jdw21 said:

I don’t want to bring any negativity but has anyone gotten a rejection email? I’ve seen people with verified dates close to mine get interviews so I was just curious! 

Weird situation happened to me, for some reason they only received 2 of my 3 letters of rec, so I was initially rejected but when i reached out about it, they verified my 3rd LOR and put me back in the admissions pool. So yes they are actively rejecting people. 

2 hours ago, hannahczaj said:

Weird situation happened to me, for some reason they only received 2 of my 3 letters of rec, so I was initially rejected but when i reached out about it, they verified my 3rd LOR and put me back in the admissions pool. So yes they are actively rejecting people. 

I wonder if it was just an auto rejection since all the materials weren’t in. Either way thank you for the response 🙂

On 6/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, sel39 said:

To people who got an interview invite, do you mind sharing stats?

cGPA: 2.98 (post-bacc: 3.72) [currently taking 3 summer classes as well]

PCE: 6658 (EMT and Emergency Department Technician)

HCE: 1168 (ED scribe)

Volunteer: 378

Shadowing: 72

GRE: 318, 4.5 

10 minutes ago, RueRue95 said:

Anyone else get an email about the PA-CAT? I know it’s highly recommended but if you’ve already been offered an interview... so you think it’s essential or necessary to take ?? 

Yes, I also did. Was kind of wondering the same thing. From what I have heard a lot of people offered interviews also did not take it so I am not going to. I thought about it, because I'm sure if you did well, it would increase your chances of getting in. 

6 minutes ago, Zackc831 said:

Yes, I also did. Was kind of wondering the same thing. From what I have heard a lot of people offered interviews also did not take it so I am not going to. I thought about it, because I'm sure if you did well, it would increase your chances of getting in. 

Same, but also 100-150 applicants are being interviewed for 36 seats. So didn’t know if it would help increase my odds whatsoever or not. I’ve taken the MCAT a few times; long story short... changed to PA for many of reasons but was also wondering if maybe they’d consider that score for me instead of also taking the PA-CAT. Now my MCAT was a little on the low side... so kinda lost

28 minutes ago, RueRue95 said:

Same, but also 100-150 applicants are being interviewed for 36 seats. So didn’t know if it would help increase my odds whatsoever or not. I’ve taken the MCAT a few times; long story short... changed to PA for many of reasons but was also wondering if maybe they’d consider that score for me instead of also taking the PA-CAT. Now my MCAT was a little on the low side... so kinda lost

There is obviously a reason they send out those emails. So yes I think that it could increase your odds, if you do well. Even if you do not do the best on it, they may still look at it as a upper hand on someone who didnt take it. I mean I think that having the interview is the biggest step. Now the most important part is just being unique and standing out from the crowd.

I attended one of the virtual interview sessions, and one of the professors stated that taking the PA-CAT would not have an impact on the decision of our admission. But I feel a little more worried after receiving the email about taking the test! I am choosing not to take it, hoping it wont be a make or break decision in the end. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ifrons said:

I attended one of the virtual interview sessions, and one of the professors stated that taking the PA-CAT would not have an impact on the decision of our admission. But I feel a little more worried after receiving the email about taking the test! I am choosing not to take it, hoping it wont be a make or break decision in the end. 

Thank you! This is what I was curious about. Felt the same way about the email too

• Like 1

Guest SteveR501

Just got a laaate night email interview invite!

My stats:

cGPA: 3.36

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 315

Writing: 4.0

PCE: 7200 hours as EKG Tech/Holter Scanner

Shadowing: Low. Only 3 official hours shadowing an Internal Medicine PA. 

Submitted: 6/22

Verified: 6/29

Interestingly, I almost didn't apply to this school because I didn't take the PA-CAT and didn't take physics, both of which are strongly recommended; I was 100% expecting a rejection. Just goes to show that you never know what schools are looking for and you shouldn't lose hope! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by SteveR501

10 hours ago, SteveR501 said:

Just got a laaate night email interview invite!

My stats:

cGPA: 3.36

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 315

Writing: 4.0

PCE: 7200 hours as EKG Tech/Holter Scanner

Shadowing: Low. Only 3 official hours shadowing an Internal Medicine PA. 

Submitted: 6/22

Verified: 6/29

Interestingly, I almost didn't apply to this school because I didn't take the PA-CAT and didn't take physics, both of which are strongly recommended; I was 100% expecting a rejection. Just goes to show that you never know what schools are looking for and you shouldn't lose hope! Good luck to everyone!

Me as well! Scheduled for October 16th. 🙂

On 6/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, sel39 said:

To people who got an interview invite, do you mind sharing stats?

I just got an interview invite today! My CASPA was verified on 6/11, but I officially submitted supps and all to RVU on 7/23. I also did not take the PA-CAT!

cGPA: 3.49

sGPA: 3.35

GRE: 316, 5.0

PCE: ~2800 as a CNA at a SNF & PCA on Ortho and Gen Med/Surg unit

HCE: ~360 as a volunteer MA at a pediatric clinic

Research: ~1000 in an infectious diseases lab

Shadowing: 80 with physicians, 50 with PAs in different specialties including some virtual shadowing during the rona

Edited by kentuckycriedfricken

On 8/5/2020 at 8:52 AM, Meco16 said:

wondering what anyone's thought is if I havent received any emails from them yet... verified and paid fee early May. Should I email them a status update since they have been sending interviews and rejections?

You could definitely do this! I did since I forgot to submit my GRE scores until later and wanted to make sure they had everything, they were kind enough to reply and let me know that my file was complete. Got an interview invitation a week or two later.

• Like 1