Update:

I received my confirmation email on 7/24 (prompts you to create a login for the program's application portal for application updates), so it looks like they're taking about 2 weeks from submission to confirmation. I'll post again if I hear anything new!

Hey! Does anyone know when it would be a good time to update my PCE hours on Elon's portal? I submitted my CASPA application on 06/09. I am currently working as a scribe and have some hours, but I receive about 30 a week so I want to be sure I can put as many as possible on my app before it is reviewed! Thanks!

On 8/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, rpfeiffer16 said:

Hey! Does anyone know when it would be a good time to update my PCE hours on Elon's portal? 

They suggest early September on their website.

Edited by LeeLee21

When you update your hours you just put in the amount of hours you've completed since CASPA submission, correct?

So if after I have submitted my CASPA app I completed 400 additional hours I just put 400 not the total

Just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly 

On 9/11/2020 at 11:31 AM, TayTheFuturePA said:

When you update your hours you just put in the amount of hours you've completed since CASPA submission, correct?

So if after I have submitted my CASPA app I completed 400 additional hours I just put 400 not the total

Just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly 

I believe you're correct - that's the way that I did it

Edit: Yes, in the update it says "additional PA shadowing or healthcare hours accrued since the time you submitted your CASPA application"

Edited by ToriBethH

On 8/31/2020 at 7:25 PM, ToriBethH said:

Planning on updating my hours soon. Does anyone know if Elon accepts virtual shadowing?

Late answer but yes they do! And they aren't making an exception for COVID I guess because they are accepting virtual shadow hours.

• Upvote 1

Hi!

I submitted like a week ago, do you know when I might receive a link to a portal? Wanted to see if I ought to reach out to admissions or let it ride. Thank you!

On 9/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, MPAhopeful said:

Hi!

I submitted like a week ago, do you know when I might receive a link to a portal? Wanted to see if I ought to reach out to admissions or let it ride. Thank you!

I was verified by CASPA on 5/15 and didnt get my portal log in until 6/25

Do you guys think it's bad if I don't update my hours through their link and just email them? I saw you have to put a supervisor down and my work doesn't (and can't) know that I'm applying to PA school. 

22 hours ago, hopefulpa9485 said:

Do you guys think it's bad if I don't update my hours through their link and just email them? I saw you have to put a supervisor down and my work doesn't (and can't) know that I'm applying to PA school. 

You could always go ahead and update in the portal and put something like "see email" or "n/a" under supervisor (just to know for sure that they're counted) and then email them to explain. I emailed their program a few weeks ago and they were very friendly and quick to respond!

2 minutes ago, paschoolpls said:

Was anyone else instructed to go through the application portal to see they were rejected? I wish they would have just said so in the email lol.

Lol yes! Same here. 

7 minutes ago, Csrierson said:

Where in the portal do you see rejection? 

They send an email saying there has been an update to your application and you have to go on your portal to see it. I also received a rejection today. 

I just checked my portal and it says my letters of recommendation have not been received. Do I have to manually upload these?

1 hour ago, JuliaK said:

They send an email saying there has been an update to your application and you have to go on your portal to see it. I also received a rejection today. 

When did you submit?

On 10/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, arr5559 said:

I just checked my portal and it says my letters of recommendation have not been received. Do I have to manually upload these?

I noticed that too. Do we have to resend them? I assume they already have them.

Received an interview invite this morning! They let you pick your own interview date starting in the beginning of November all the way through February. Best wishes to all, hoping more good news comes soon! I submitted in early June btw. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pathtopas said:

Also received an interview invite this morning, super excited!!  Submitted mid September🙂

Do you mind sharing your stats? 

7 hours ago, ericap said:

Received an interview invite this morning! They let you pick your own interview date starting in the beginning of November all the way through February. Best wishes to all, hoping more good news comes soon! I submitted in early June btw. 

How did they tell you? By email or phone? Also congrats!!

7 hours ago, Csrierson said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Sure! I know a lot of people say this, but this process has taught me that it is definitely true- don't focus too much on comparing stats. I've been outright rejected by programs that have ended up accepting applicants with stats very similar to mine.

3.94 cGPA, 2k PCE hours as a CNA, 305 GRE, 100 shadowing & around 150 volunteer hours (out-of-state applicant). Notified of invite by email!

It is still SUPER early in Elon's process. So there's still plenty of hope for everyone! Best of luck to everyone this cycle, I know we will all make great PAs!!🙂

Edited by pathtopas
  • Upvote 2