2020-2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to share my stats! I find it comforting to share and hear about other peoples' backgrounds!

I am a first time applicant to PA school. Graduating this December. 

I am 21 years old. Turn 22 on July 16th, haha.

cGPA 3.83

sGPA 3.79

HCE: 2500 hours as pharmacy tech

PCE: 1400 hours as CNA

GRE 298 (I was VERY sick taking the GRE. MIGHT retake.) I found the GRE really difficult for me. I am shocked, too, because I usually do well with standardized testing!

Feel free to share yours! I know it’s comforting for me to hear and share stats!  Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

I'm a first time applicant too, graduating in May 2021, B.S. in applied nutrition and minor in health/wellness

overall GPA: 3.81

science GPA: 3.71

nonscience GPA: 4.0

PCE: 1400 hours, including 1000 as a CNA in a hospital, 200 as an MA at a pain management office, and about 100 each as an exercise physiologist and home health aide

GRE: 308, 4.5 writing

Shadowing: 20 hours, including surgery, hematology/oncology, and ED

Good luck to everyone!

I submitted to CASPA on 5/30, was verified on 6/4, and received my confirmation email from Elon that they have downloaded my verified application on 6/25. My GRE scores are the only thing still pending. They send a link that shows the status of your application and has green checkmarks next to everything they've received. Super helpful! I wish all schools did that. Good luck everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, bellarae2872 said:

Hey everyone! I submitted my app and received a confirmation email from Elon on 7/8. Everything has a green check next to it except for my shadowing hours which I put in my experiences on CASPA. Does anyone know why there might be a red X next to this? Thanks!

Did you have less than 20 hours of shadow hours on CASPA? That check becomes green after 20 hours minimum is met. You can always update if you do more. My friend got into Elon last cycle without 20 hours of shadowing (she has like 9) so it’s possible to get in to places without the “perfect app”!

Hey everyone! I submitted my app and received a confirmation email from Elon on 7/8. Everything has a green check next to it except for my shadowing hours which I put in my experiences on CASPA. Does anyone know why there might be a red X next to this? Thanks!

Mine doesn’t even have the shadowing hours on my page... I only have 4 rows which all have green checks: GRE and three LORs. Should I email them or is anyone else’s dashboard like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, arr5559 said:

Mine doesn’t even have the shadowing hours on my page... I only have 4 rows which all have green checks: GRE and three LORs. Should I email them or is anyone else’s dashboard like this?

Mines like that as well

• Like 1

Hey guys! I submitted my app and received a confirmation email over a week ago. Everything has a green check next to it except for my PA/Medical Professional Recommendation. This LOR was finally completed on CASPA only a day or two after I got this confirmation of materials from Elon. Should I just give it another week or two to update or should I call them to make sure they received it? Thanks! 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, arr5559 said:

I just checked again today and there were green checks next to everything and it says my application is complete! I never emailed anyone, it just appeared so my guess would be it just takes a few days for them to review it!

On 7/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, kayburt27 said:

Did you have less than 20 hours of shadow hours on CASPA? That check becomes green after 20 hours minimum is met. You can always update if you do more. My friend got into Elon last cycle without 20 hours of shadowing (she has like 9) so it’s possible to get in to places without the “perfect app”!

Elon didn't require the 20 hours of shadowing a PA last year. 

Edit: or if they did, it didn’t show up on my application   

On 7/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, bellarae2872 said:

My application also has a red X next to the shadowing, but I don't have 20 hours specifically with a PA. For those of you with the shadowing not listed, is it because you already have the 20 hours? 

Edited by ToriBethH

7 hours ago, ToriBethH said:

Elon didn't require the 20 hours of shadowing a PA last year. 

Edit: or if they did, it didn’t show up on my application   

My application also has a red X next to the shadowing, but I don't have 20 hours specifically with a PA. For those of you with the shadowing not listed, is it because you already have the 20 hours? 

Oh interesting, that could be. I've been wondering why shadowing isn't listed on my page based on this thread--and yes, maybe it is because I have 20 hours with PAs.