2020-21 Application Cycle!

17 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

For the supplemental application for both programs, are they done by hand or electronically? I see some things can be input electronically but other items may be cut off when physically printed.

What have you done and how have you submitted them?

I printed my supplemental application and sent it in!

17 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Can anyone fill me in on the clinical training for the Harrogate campus? The campus is extremely rural and I anticipate one would move elsewhere for the clinical program. 

They send you all over. There is a request form for certain locations, but that is basically ignored (unless you are one of the first schedules made) to allow for easy scheduling of the class as a whole. Expect to travel all over including Texas, Florida, and even Colorado.

5 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

They send you all over. There is a request form for certain locations, but that is basically ignored (unless you are one of the first schedules made) to allow for easy scheduling of the class as a whole. Expect to travel all over including Texas, Florida, and even Colorado.

How about the hospitals? Any good academic medical centers?

10 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

Not that I am aware of, but the list we got was very vague to prevent us from looking up the locations. We don't get details until we are actually assigned to go there; at that point, we are stuck there unless something dramatic occurs. Even my Internal Med rotation is at a family practice. My only hospital rotation is for ER.

That's my big concern; programs that do not have their own hospitals and far too many outpatient rotations.

19 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Anyone have luck with interviews/acceptance here without a PA LOR?

I emailed LMU Knox to see if my LOR from the podiatrist I work for would count in place of the PA/MD/DO/NP LOR and they responded quickly. I would just email or call whichever campus you are interested in and see! 

On 9/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, RustyShackleford said:

Not that I am aware of, but the list we got was very vague to prevent us from looking up the locations. We don't get details until we are actually assigned to go there; at that point, we are stuck there unless something dramatic occurs. Even my Internal Med rotation is at a family practice. My only hospital rotation is for ER.

That is useful information to know thanks for that Rusty! So do you not yet know what hospital you'll doing your ER rotation at? Have they not told your class what hospitals the Harrogate program is affiliated with?? Is that normal?  I wonder if covid has anything to do with it.

If you do find out which hospitals they tend to send current or previous harrogate students to, I would very much appreciate the info 🙂  Otherwise I could try asking them during my interview which is this Friday 10/2. 

Hi Everyone,

I’m a longtime lurker, haven’t had info of value to add to the discussion until now. I interviewed with the Harrogate campus and if there’s one piece of advice I have it’s to attend the Meet and Greet the night before your interview. The current students (ambassadors) were AWESOME and answered literally every question we could think of, excluding particulars about the interview obviously. They thoroughly described the area, program, etc.

Good luck everyone 😁