2020-21 Application Cycle!

1 hour ago, Alden said:

I also received a welcome letter on 7/10 and no word. So this at least makes me feel better we are in the same boat!!

Thanks for your input! I hope we both hear something soon. I’m getting a little restless, but feeling better knowing I’m not the only one in purgatory. 

6 hours ago, kforpa said:

Also received welcome letter 7/10 and haven't heard! 

I am also in the same boat, just a few days behind you guys. I received the email acknowledging that they have received everything on 7/16 and haven’t heard back. Beyond relieved that I’m not the only one in this position!

Hi everyone! This is a little bit off topic, but I currently have an apartment in West Loop that I need to sublease because I will be moving out of state for PA school in March. If anyone is looking to live downtown for this upcoming cycle or just in general please feel free to contact me.
I currently have 3 other roommates who are also student that are girls they are super friendly, clean and respectful. It is a very nice location because it is very close to the Blue Line, RUSH, and UIC.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, goblinmarket said:

Hi everyone! I also received the application under review email on 6/17 but have yet to hear back on my status. Do you think it's worth calling/emailing to ask for an update? Going on 18 weeks now...

i called admissions and they were super nice and looked up where i was in the review process! helped me ease some worries 🙂 

On 10/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, ETfuturePA94 said:

Just curious what you said when you called and what number you called?!

So I called using the PA admissions number on rush’s website! I didnt want to call asking specifically for my status but I said something along the lines of how long will it take for a person who applied in June to hear back bc thats when I applied and Stacy then asked for my name and looked up my status! Good luck!

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, SarahMi said:

I am also in the same boat, just a few days behind you guys. I received the email acknowledging that they have received everything on 7/16 and haven’t heard back. Beyond relieved that I’m not the only one in this position!

Same here! Received the email 7/24 and was getting nervous they haven't contact back at all since then. Hopefully this is a good sign!

I emailed today because I had taken the CASPer assessment, but at the time, there was nowhere to submit for Rush so I didn’t. I found later that they are accepting results, but aren’t requiring it. So I asked today whether I could still submit the results or if it was too late. I was told that they checked on my application and found the review process had been completed already and that I’d be informed of the decision later this week sometime (so CASPer is not necessary at this point). Guess the decision might help us find out if it held any weight!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elliebrown3721 said:

I emailed today because I had taken the CASPer assessment, but at the time, there was nowhere to submit for Rush so I didn’t. I found later that they are accepting results, but aren’t requiring it. So I asked today whether I could still submit the results or if it was too late. I was told that they checked on my application and found the review process had been completed already and that I’d be informed of the decision later this week sometime (so CASPer is not necessary at this point). Guess the decision might help us find out if it held any weight!

When did you submit your application or receive the under review email?

6 minutes ago, elliebrown3721 said:

Thanks for sharing this, I had been wondering! I never took CASPer prior to applying and wasn’t sure if it was worth taking it now or if that would even get factored in. 
Hope your news later this week is positive 🤞🏼

On 11/2/2020 at 4:49 PM, bearby123 said:

When did you submit your application or receive the under review email?

I submitted CASPA on June 26th, then received the Welcome Letter on July 10th.

Still haven't heard anything from them, so I reread the email. They had said they "hope to have decisions sent out" by the end of this week. I guess the timeline was pushed back a bit further! Fingers still crossed!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MichaelW said:

Anyone else hearing crickets? Received the welcome letter stating application under review on 6/17 and haven't heard a word since.

Last week I contacted the program to clarify something on my CASPA app (I left a PCE job back in August before applying to Rush but there was no way for me to mark that the job had ended), and Stacy responded 2 days ago to confirm receipt. I don't know if this helps, but the footer of her email stated "Note: Due to COVID-19 containment measures, the PA Program is operating remotely.  Please excuse delays in usual work flow during this time.  Thank you! "

21 minutes ago, alysd said:

Last week I contacted the program to clarify something on my CASPA app (I left a PCE job back in August before applying to Rush but there was no way for me to mark that the job had ended), and Stacy responded 2 days ago to confirm receipt. I don't know if this helps, but the footer of her email stated "Note: Due to COVID-19 containment measures, the PA Program is operating remotely.  Please excuse delays in usual work flow during this time.  Thank you! "

Sounds good. I figured they'd be a little slower due to COVID-19. How are their interviews?

9 minutes ago, PAFOR said:

It’s just an interview invite for next week not an acceptance letter. I received the email invite this morning.

I think they mean when did you receive the Welcome Letter stating that they had received your application from CASPA. 
Congrats on the interview! Hope it goes well

For those who have already interviewed, how long are the morning interviews? I have a morning interview with Rush and have been offered another interview in the afternoon the same day of my Rush interview. I’m trying to figure out whether to accept the other interview or try to change the date. Thanks.