2020-2021

On 5/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, eamac said:

Ok! It says " A university supplemental fee of $50 is required in addition to the CASPA fee." I don't see a link for payment info

Hi! I was struggling with this but just found it. If you go to add a program and search hofstra, press on the school name for more info. The link to pay the supplemental is at the bottom of that info! 🙂 Hope this helps! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, sjogree said:

Does anyone know why Hofstra does not have a "pre-requisite" section on CASPA? Do they not require applicants to assign pre-requisite courses? I have emailed a couple times but I have not heard any responses.

some programs don't have it I believe 

1 hour ago, Gwynk said:

Has anyone heard anything back yet?

I got a confirmation email that they received my application and will begin reviewing mid-summer on a rolling basis. I got it a week after I submitted and 4 days after I was verified. I don't expect to hear back probably until like september or november though because i applied June 10th and they take a really long time to review apps.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 5:09 PM, eamac said:

Anyone have insight as to where the link to pay the supplemental is? Thanks!

Just wanted to put it out there that I emailed the address provided on the website for questions (PAprogram@hofstra.edu) and a staff member got back to me quickly (within about a day) providing the direct link so that I could simply click on it and it would direct me straight there. Just wanted to post this advice if anyone still has not gotten around to paying/finding the supp fee page.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LS1010 said:

I received the same email and I checked the website right after and it now says a minimum of 3.3, I guess it was updated at some point. Good luck with your other apps!! 

I received the same email, a little earlier today. 

Very disappointed. When I applied it said sGPA of 3.2. Confused by the change. 

Good Luck to everyone else in the running!

9 hours ago, kmendie said:

I received the same email, a little earlier today. 

Very disappointed. When I applied it said sGPA of 3.2. Confused by the change. 

Good Luck to everyone else in the running!

So weird it still says 3.2. Maybe reach out to them. 

https://www.hofstra.edu/academics/colleges/nursing-physician-assistant/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-studies-master-ms.html

On 7/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, Fin2PA said:

says 3.2 but also says "NOTE: For the 2021-2022 bulletin year, students must meet the following requirement of a 3.3 minimum cumulative GPA and cumulative GPA in the sciences to be considered for the MS program."

46 minutes ago, 2ndtime said:

says 3.2 but also says "NOTE: For the 2021-2022 bulletin year, students must meet the following requirement of a 3.3 minimum cumulative GPA and cumulative GPA in the sciences to be considered for the MS program."

They must've recently added that. I know when I applied back in end of June they didn't even have that. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mands

Have not heard anything from the program. However, I did do my post-bacc/MPH here so if anyone has questions about housing (grad hall), off campus safety (preview: it's not good, lol), food, financial aid, walkability to things, amenities, northwell health system (worked here too), etc. lmk! 

Also, i hope you guys reached out to them bc that's not OK that they say 3.2, but changed it to 3.3............ uhhhhh.....?

Edited by mands