Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/29/2020 at 11:45 AM, KaiteKakes said:

How are you "positive" they won't look at my application without 1 psych class?

Do you work on the admissions committee? Do you know someone who does?

Why do people apply and get accepted to this school if they don't even finish their bachelors until May?

Why would they say on their website it's not required by application submission if it is? 

I'm just saying I don't really think you can make blanket statements like that when you're in the same position as the rest of us: pre-PA, submitting an application, waiting for an acceptance. 

Hi,

I went to an information session, and Kay Denler, the Director of Admissions and Program Systems said they won't consider applications that don't meet the requirements.  That is why I said "I'm almost positive they won't look at your app unless you meet all the requirements." (I think that's pretty different from saying I'm 'positive' they won't look at your app without 1 psych class.)  Kay said 25% of applicants don't meet requirements and are tossed; I didn't want you to be one of those. 

Sorry.  I messed up and thought psych was a requirement for application.  Glad PrepaG clarified the difference between requirements for application and before matriculation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does anyone know how many interview dates are left?

Based on what I’ve seen in this forum, I think they’re sending out invites for the last interview day. They only have 4. I had mine 9/11, someone said 9/29 and then 10/3 or something like that. I thought someone last night or a couple nights ago said they got one for 10/16

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

So at this point, if we haven't gotten an interview we can probably expect a rejection, correct? 

Honestly I’m not sure. There is still time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my acceptance call from Kay yesterday morning as well! So excited! For those of you with upcoming interviews, just try your hardest to be yourself and you'll do great. The faculty are awesome and they want to see you do well. It was all really well organized on the Zoom format. Good luck to all!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prePA305 said:

I received my acceptance call from Kay yesterday morning as well! So excited! For those of you with upcoming interviews, just try your hardest to be yourself and you'll do great. The faculty are awesome and they want to see you do well. It was all really well organized on the Zoom format. Good luck to all!

Congrats!!! How long after your interview Did it take them to contact you? Were you in the 9/11 interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Congrats!!! How long after your interview Did it take them to contact you? Were you in the 9/11 interview?

Yes, I was in the 9/11 interview. She called me 9/14 at 11 AM!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received an interview invitation yesterday !! This will be my first PA interview ever so any tips are greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone !

Applied: 06/23

Interview Invitation: 09/15

Interview: 10/02

If you are also interviewing that date let me know! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 3:14 PM, Kaletove said:


Also was accepted this morning!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!  

Was the interview "open book", that is, had the interviewers seen your application?  Any advice is much appreciated 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who got accepted this round to this school - what were your stats? I don't think I will get an interview and Im wondering how far I vary from the accepted applicants. Thanks! I need to improve for next round. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Congrats!  
Was the interview "open book", that is, had the interviewers seen your application?  Any advice is much appreciated

Yes it was open file interviews


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted, I’m also interviewing on 10/2. I’m currently on two program’s waitlists after spending all of last cycle on two waitlists so I’m hoping I can finally get that acceptance call. The anxiety is too much to handle. Good luck to everyone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interviewing, make sure you keep an eye on your time. My individual interview was cut 2 minutes short and I was unaware until I logged off, which was really frustrating since it was already so short to begin with. I could have answered another question, asked a question, or made a closing statement in that time. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! They have a 2% acceptance rate this year so don’t feel bad if you get a rejection. There are plenty of other incredible schools out there and if they didn’t want you, they didn’t deserve you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PrePAStudent126 said:

For anyone interviewing, make sure you keep an eye on your time. My individual interview was cut 2 minutes short and I was unaware until I logged off, which was really frustrating since it was already so short to begin with. I could have answered another question, asked a question, or made a closing statement in that time. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! They have a 2% acceptance rate this year so don’t feel bad if you get a rejection. There are plenty of other incredible schools out there and if they didn’t want you, they didn’t deserve you!!

Thanks so much for your insight and encouragement. Were the group interviews icebreakers like they were last year or were they more traditional group interviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, e66nog said:

So happy to have received an interview for 10/13! Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats!!! When did you submit your application/receive the invite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PrePAStudent126 said:

For anyone interviewing, make sure you keep an eye on your time. My individual interview was cut 2 minutes short and I was unaware until I logged off, which was really frustrating since it was already so short to begin with. I could have answered another question, asked a question, or made a closing statement in that time. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! They have a 2% acceptance rate this year so don’t feel bad if you get a rejection. There are plenty of other incredible schools out there and if they didn’t want you, they didn’t deserve you!!

It was cut short?  That stinks.  Sorry that happened.  How do you think that happened?  Did the interviewer cut it short?  How might you suggest avoiding that?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, arpinto said:

Thanks so much for your insight and encouragement. Were the group interviews icebreakers like they were last year or were they more traditional group interviews?

They were very similar to the ethical group interview we had last year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, JBuck said:

It was cut short?  That stinks.  Sorry that happened.  How do you think that happened?  Did the interviewer cut it short?  How might you suggest avoiding that?  Thanks!

Yeah the interviewer said we were out of time but we weren’t and unfortunately nobody did anything about it when I brought it up in an email after my interview. I’d suggest keeping the zoom meeting not completely full screen so you can keep an eye on the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews? It has been awhile and I have not received any emails from the program. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More